Recently completing its festival circuit, The Sub was an official selection of the Nashville Film Fest, the Independent Film Fest of Boston and Scotland’s Dead by Dawn International Horror Film Fest.
The Sub features practical creature effects by Tony Gardner and his Oscar-nominated team at Alterian, Inc. (the Chucky franchise, Bad Grandpa, Army of Darkness), stop-motion animation by Max Winston (Robot Chicken, The SpongeBob Movie), and a cameo by Scream Queen Heather Langenkamp (“Nancy” from the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise).
The Sub is the story of Mae Zalinski—a 20-something girl who reluctantly takes a job as a substitute teacher at her old rival high school. We follow Mae on her first day as things go from bad to worse as she starts to uncover the strange, possibly evil underbelly of this seemingly perfect high school. From the odd, overly-friendly vice-principal to the Children-of-the-Corn-esque students, Mae is soon in way over her head. But you know what they say: high school can be a real pain in the class! (Okay, fine, no one says that, but it’s on our poster.)
- In January You Might Take a Visit to the ‘Opera!’ - November 19, 2017
- This December Prepare for ‘Leatherface!’ - November 19, 2017
- Dark Horse, Santa Monica Studio, and Sony Interactive Entertainment Join Forces - November 18, 2017
- ‘The Exorcist: Legion VR’ Comes to Oculus Rift and HTC Vive on November 22nd - November 18, 2017
- The Popcorn Frights Film Festival 2018 Wants Your Film Submissions! - November 17, 2017
- Get Ready for Some ‘Mayhem’ this December! - November 17, 2017
- You’ll Get a ‘Friend Request’ This December and January! - November 16, 2017
- Hello, Clarice – ‘The Silence of the Lambs’ is Getting a Criterion Collection Release! - November 16, 2017
- Outstanding Fantasy Short Film ‘The Black Cat’ is Now Available on Youtube! - November 15, 2017
- Dark Horse Comics Previews ‘Rasputin: The Voice of the Dragon’ - November 15, 2017