From the Press Release: AMC has cast Emmy®-nominated actor and producer Zachary Quinto (Star Trek, American Horror Story) and rising star Ashleigh Cummings (The Goldfinch, Hounds of Love) in the lead roles for its new supernatural horror series NOS4A2 (working title). The network also announced Emmy®-nominated director Kari Skogland (The Handmaid’s Tale, Sons of Liberty) will direct the first two episodes of the series based on Joe Hill’s bestselling novel of the same name. Production began this week in Rhode Island. The 10 one-hour episodes are slated to premiere in 2019.
Quinto will play Charlie Manx, a seductive immortal who feeds off the souls of children, then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland – an icy, twisted Christmas village of Manx’s imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Manx finds his whole world threatened when a young woman in New England (Cummings) discovers she has a dangerous gift.
Cummings will play Vic McQueen, a young, working-class artist whose creativity awakens a supernatural ability to track Manx (Quinto). What Vic lacks in social confidence, she makes up for in courage, humor, and tough-as-nails grit. She strives to defeat Manx and rescue his victims without losing her mind or falling victim to him herself.
Executive producer and showrunner, Jami O’Brien said, “As a huge fan of Joe Hill’s rich, imaginative, and exciting book, I am over the moon to be working with such a phenomenal cast and creative team on this special project.”
NOS4A2 is produced by AMC Studios in association with Tornante Television. The series is executive produced by Joe Hill, Jami O’Brien (Fear The Walking Dead, Hell On Wheels), who created the show for television and will serve as showrunner, and Lauren Corrao, Co-President of Tornante Television. The cast also includes the previously announced Olafur Darri Olafsson (Lady Dynamite) as Bing Partridge, Virginia Kull (The Looming Tower) as Linda McQueen, Ebon Moss-Bachrach (The Punisher) as Chris McQueen, and Jahkara Smith (aka Sailor J) as Maggie Leigh.
- Entertainment Weekly Reveals First Photo of Zachary Quinto in AMC’s Adaptation of Joe Hill’s ‘NOS4A2’ - December 26, 2018
- Watch Blood-Soaked Mayhem at the North Pole in ‘The Predator’ Stop-Motion Animated Holiday Special - December 26, 2018
- Friendship Becomes Obsession in the Official Trailer for New Thriller ‘Greta’ - December 23, 2018
- The Oddities & Curiosities Expo Coming to 16 US Cities in 2019 - December 23, 2018
- ‘Dial Code Santa Claus’ is Coming to Theaters in the US and Canada This Holiday Season - December 22, 2018
- Return to Collier County with a Deluxe 20th Anniversary Edition of ‘The Horror of Collier County’ - December 22, 2018
- ‘The House That Would Not Die’ (1970 TV Movie) Available on DVD and Blu-ray 1/8 - December 21, 2018
- New Clip from ‘The Harrowing’ Featuring ‘The Mummy’s’ Arnold Vosloo - December 21, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark: New Year, New You’ - December 20, 2018
- Universal Orlando Resort Reveals Earlier-Than-Ever Opening Date for Halloween Horror Nights 2019 - December 20, 2018