Columbus, OH – Rookie Mage Games is proud to announce that its first game, DON’T GET STABBED!, will launch on Kickstarter March 26th. The game will be available for $25 with $10,000 needed to fund production of the game. Multiple tiers of support will be available. The campaign will end on April 25th.
DON’T GET STABBED! is a party card game where you get to kill your family and friends (for pretend). The game is inspired by slasher films from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, but made lighthearted enough for everyone to enjoy.
One player gets to be the killer. The rest play as victims.
Everyone takes turns drawing cards. If a victim gets three STAB cards, they DIE! But they can use ACTION cards to avoid getting stabbed. And they can use COMBO cards for a chance at escaping.
But the killer has special powers. If the killer draws a STAB card, they can put it back in the deck wherever they want. And the killer can use ACTION and COMBO cards to thwart the victims’ attempts to stay alive.
The game plays for 3-5 players and only takes 15 minutes a round. It’s a quick and easy party game to play with friends and family. DON’T GET STABBED! is recommended for ages 18 and up due to humorous references to sex, alcohol, and violence.
“I’m really proud that DON’T GET STABBED! is finally ready to be presented to the world,” Founder Jordan McLaughlin said. “I’ve put a lot of work into developing a game that I think people will really enjoy, and it’s great that I get to start a business doing something I love.”
About the Creator:
Jordan McLaughlin founded his company, Rookie Mage Games, in 2018 to bring his passion for rambunctious fun to others.
Born and raised in Central Ohio, Jordan was the kid that organized the superhero games at recess and made his cousins perform in plays he wrote (which they loved but refuse to admit it).
Jordan watched his first scary movie, Scream, at a friend’s house when he was 14 (don’t tell his parents). He was instantly hooked and quickly became a fan of slasher flicks from the 80s, such as Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street.
As an adult, Jordan graduated from the University of Akron before moving to the Columbus, Ohio area to pursue his career. He kept his love for creativity by making fake movie trailers, video games, and escape rooms to torment his family members.
Now, those years of creative experience and affinity for scary movies have culminated into DON’T GET STABBED!. Jordan worked late evenings at the public library to design the mechanics, create the artwork, and plan production.
“There isn’t a single part of this game I didn’t do myself. I’m even writing this press release,” Jordan said.
Jordan currently resides in New Albany, Ohio with his partner Alex, who is really tired of being forced to play test this game all the time.
- Generations Collide in the Trailer for Richard Bates Jr.’s TONE-DEAF - June 28, 2019
- Scream Factory to Release THE BLOB (1988) Collector’s Edition Blu-ray This October - June 28, 2019
- NEON Reveals November 15th Release Date for THE LODGE in New Teaser Video - June 27, 2019
- BRAHMS: THE BOY II Gets New December 6th, 2019 Release Date - June 27, 2019
- Terror Films Teams with BingeWave for the Theatrical Screening of Fifteen Horror Titles - June 26, 2019
- Universal Orlando Resort Announces YETI: TERROR OF THE YUKON for Halloween Horror Nights 2019 - June 26, 2019
- Celebrate the Sinister Side of the Summer Solstice with A24’s New MIDSOMMAR Trailer - June 24, 2019
- From the Creator of FINAL DESTINATION, THE NIGHT SITTER, Coming this August - June 21, 2019
- Fright-Rags Celebrates George A. Romero’s DAY OF THE DEAD with New Apparel Collection - June 21, 2019
- Annual “Time Warp Picnic” Taking Place This August at Dr. Frank-N-Furter’s Castle from THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW - June 20, 2019