Columbus, OH – Rookie Mage Games is proud to announce that its first game, DON’T GET STABBED!, will launch on Kickstarter March 26th. The game will be available for $25 with $10,000 needed to fund production of the game. Multiple tiers of support will be available. The campaign will end on April 25th.
DON’T GET STABBED! is a party card game where you get to kill your family and friends (for pretend). The game is inspired by slasher films from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, but made lighthearted enough for everyone to enjoy.
One player gets to be the killer. The rest play as victims.
Everyone takes turns drawing cards. If a victim gets three STAB cards, they DIE! But they can use ACTION cards to avoid getting stabbed. And they can use COMBO cards for a chance at escaping.
But the killer has special powers. If the killer draws a STAB card, they can put it back in the deck wherever they want. And the killer can use ACTION and COMBO cards to thwart the victims’ attempts to stay alive.
The game plays for 3-5 players and only takes 15 minutes a round. It’s a quick and easy party game to play with friends and family. DON’T GET STABBED! is recommended for ages 18 and up due to humorous references to sex, alcohol, and violence.
“I’m really proud that DON’T GET STABBED! is finally ready to be presented to the world,” Founder Jordan McLaughlin said. “I’ve put a lot of work into developing a game that I think people will really enjoy, and it’s great that I get to start a business doing something I love.”
About the Creator:
Jordan McLaughlin founded his company, Rookie Mage Games, in 2018 to bring his passion for rambunctious fun to others.
Born and raised in Central Ohio, Jordan was the kid that organized the superhero games at recess and made his cousins perform in plays he wrote (which they loved but refuse to admit it).
Jordan watched his first scary movie, Scream, at a friend’s house when he was 14 (don’t tell his parents). He was instantly hooked and quickly became a fan of slasher flicks from the 80s, such as Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street.
As an adult, Jordan graduated from the University of Akron before moving to the Columbus, Ohio area to pursue his career. He kept his love for creativity by making fake movie trailers, video games, and escape rooms to torment his family members.
Now, those years of creative experience and affinity for scary movies have culminated into DON’T GET STABBED!. Jordan worked late evenings at the public library to design the mechanics, create the artwork, and plan production.
“There isn’t a single part of this game I didn’t do myself. I’m even writing this press release,” Jordan said.
Jordan currently resides in New Albany, Ohio with his partner Alex, who is really tired of being forced to play test this game all the time.
- Creepy Cocoa Crisp M&M’s – Halloween Candy - October 8, 2019
- BELA’S BREW COFFEE is Now Available at Fright Rags! - October 8, 2019
- ‘The Moonlight Man’ – Short Horror Film - October 7, 2019
- Ti West’s THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL Returns To Theaters - October 7, 2019
- ‘The Cop Cam’ – Short Horror Film - October 4, 2019
- Check Out the Trailer for Patrick Lussier’s TRICK, Coming to Theaters, VOD, and Digital HD on October 18th - October 4, 2019
- Check Out the Trailer for THE GALLOWS ACT II, Coming to Theaters and VOD This October - October 1, 2019
- Chelsea Stardust’s SATANIC PANIC Coming to Blu-ray and DVD on October 22nd - October 1, 2019
- Fright-Rags Welcomes Fall with SAW and CANDY CORN Merchandise - September 30, 2019
- NOS4A2 SEASON 1 Coming to Blu-ray and DVD on October 22nd - September 30, 2019