Press Release: Chicago’s Cinepocalypse Film Fest is thrilled to announce the addition of a Special Presentation screening of ANNABELLE COMES HOME on June 19th—a full week before the film’s release—at the Music Box Theatre, as part of our exciting 2019 program. The film is written and directed by Gary Dauberman and co-written and produced by celebrated horror filmmaker James Wan, alongside Conjuring Universe producer Peter Safran.
In ANNABELLE COMES HOME, demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, determined to keep Annabelle from wreaking more havoc, bring the possessed doll to the locked artifacts room in their home, placing her “safely” behind sacred glass and enlisting a priest’s holy blessing. But an unholy night of horror awaits as Annabelle awakens the evil spirits in the room, who all set their sights on a new target—the Warrens’ ten-year-old daughter, Judy, and her friends.
ANNABELLE COMES HOME opens in theaters nationwide on Wednesday, June 26, 2019.
The full festival line-up and purchase info for badges and tickets can be found at cinepocalypsegenrefest.com.
“The most impressive horror festival this city has seen.” – RogerEbert.com
Since 2017, Cinepocalypse has terrorized Chicago audiences at the historic Music Box Theatre with an annual slate of premiere films, guests, and bloodcurdling entertainment. Named a top genre festival in the world by MovieMaker Magazine, our 2019 festivities presented by ALTER feature jury president Joel Schumacher, the world premiere of Glenn Danzig’s feature film debut VEROTIKA, award recipient Michael Ironside, Joe Bob Briggs, GWAR retrospective, a Child’s Play Speakeasy, along with many more world premieres, regional premieres, special guests, and repertory (both 35mm and 70mm) screenings!
Our full explosive lineup can be found at www.cinepocalypsegenrefest.com.
ABOUT ANNABELLE COMES HOME:
Gary Dauberman, the screenwriter of ANNABELLE, IT, the upcoming IT CHAPTER TWO, and THE NUN, makes his directorial debut on ANNABELLE COMES HOME, which is produced by Peter Safran (AQUAMAN), who has produced all the films in the CONJURING franchise, and Conjuring Universe creator James Wan (AQUAMAN), who has produced the last five films under his Atomic Monster banner.
The film stars Mckenna Grace, Madison Iseman, and Katie Sarife, with Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga reprising their roles as Ed and Lorraine Warren. Dauberman directed the film from a screenplay he wrote, from a story by Dauberman and Wan. Richard Brener, Dave Neustadter, Victoria Palmeri, Atomic Monster’s Michael Clear, Michelle Morrissey, and Atomic Monster’s Judson Scott served as executive producers.
New Line Cinema presents an Atomic Monster/Peter Safran Production, ANNABELLE COMES HOME. The film will be distributed in theatres and IMAX by Warner Bros. Pictures. The film is rated R for horror violence and terror.
- Creepy Cocoa Crisp M&M’s – Halloween Candy - October 8, 2019
- BELA’S BREW COFFEE is Now Available at Fright Rags! - October 8, 2019
- ‘The Moonlight Man’ – Short Horror Film - October 7, 2019
- Ti West’s THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL Returns To Theaters - October 7, 2019
- ‘The Cop Cam’ – Short Horror Film - October 4, 2019
- Check Out the Trailer for Patrick Lussier’s TRICK, Coming to Theaters, VOD, and Digital HD on October 18th - October 4, 2019
- Check Out the Trailer for THE GALLOWS ACT II, Coming to Theaters and VOD This October - October 1, 2019
- Chelsea Stardust’s SATANIC PANIC Coming to Blu-ray and DVD on October 22nd - October 1, 2019
- Fright-Rags Welcomes Fall with SAW and CANDY CORN Merchandise - September 30, 2019
- NOS4A2 SEASON 1 Coming to Blu-ray and DVD on October 22nd - September 30, 2019