Welcome to Excalibur’s first foray into the survival game genre. In Better Late Than DEAD you’ll explore an open sandbox environment which, depending on your choices, could or could not have a foreseeable end…
You awaken on an island with no memory. There’s a child’s photograph in your pocket. The child’s face means nothing to you. With no food, water or way to defend yourself you must venture forth to explore this mysterious island. Scattered erratically around the death trap that is this island are some huts and signs of a previous civilisation, it makes no sense as what looks like a previously uncharted island has evidence of previous inhabitants of a high calibre being able to build structures, but no one is around.
Strange markings and random letters keep appearing, KL1. Where have they gone? Who are you? Who is the child in the photograph? Is there any way off the island? What is the answer to KL1? Is anyone going to ever find you, alive or dead? To uncover the mysteries of the island and the past you must search for resources, fend off impending hungry animals, survive the cold rain causing sickness and hallucinations and locate a way to escape. Alternate between first and third person view, Better Late Than DEAD features a crafting system inspired by classic point and click adventure games.
You won’t stack items in a table but will create new ones by using actions like Cut & Tie. This will be the key to your survival as you create spears and staves to fight off vicious wolves and the other aggressive creatures that inhabit the island you must call home, well its home for now. Survival is the key, succumb to any weakness from any mistake and it could be your last.
The answers are waiting.
- Includes full colour manual detailing quick start and crafting guide to help you in your survival, for a real challenge try to not use it and work out the combinations to creating the key tools in your survival
- Craft items using a combination of objects and methods like cutting and tying
- Online Multiplayer, desperately search the island with others to hopefully find the truth
- Lose blood, break bones, become poisoned and stave off hunger and thirst in a desperate plea to survive
- Varying weather conditions affect gameplay and your well being
- Procedurally generated items will appear and the player must find them in order to leave the island or be trapped forever
- Dangerous animals including wolves, s dnakes and sharks will attempt to feast upon you
- Permadeath – Will you be able to escape the island or will you succumb to its dominating, seemingly never ending tropical landscape?
- New ‘Mutant Chronicles White Star’ Source Book! - May 26, 2016
- Korea Hops On Board the Zombie Bandwagon with ‘Train to Busan’ - May 26, 2016
- ‘The Night Watchmen’ Redband Trailer - May 25, 2016
- The ‘Attack On Titan’ Game Has Two New Trailers Out! - May 25, 2016
- ‘Meg’ Gets A 2018 Release Date! - May 24, 2016
- ‘I Saw What You Did’…with Scream Factory’s New Blu-ray! - May 24, 2016
- Second Printing of ‘Penny Dreadful #1’ On Its Way! - May 23, 2016
- ‘Mórbido’ Inks a Deal in the U.S. - May 23, 2016
- IDW Publishing To Release Joe Hill’s ‘Tales From the Darkside’ Scriptbook! - May 23, 2016
- New Trailer And Poster For ‘The Purge: Election Year’ - May 22, 2016