17th June 2020, Los Angeles – Recent events have forced the Cannes Film Market to hold its first ever virtual film market. EuroObscura will take part presenting the film EXILE, the new surreal drama from Greek director Vassilis Mazomenos.
EXILE is a drama about the Greek crisis revolving around the fate of a modern Ulysses, captured by coast guards while adrift in the ocean and forced to reenter his own country as a foreigner, living as a refugee and descending into a spiral of transgression, violence and madness. Best feature nominee at the latest edition of Fantasporto and winner of the 2nd Best Feature Award at the London Greek Film Festival, EXILE is a parable about the destiny of an ancient country after the peak of its crisis.
Vassilis Mazomenos is a Greek director, writer and producer, as well as a member of both the European Film Academy and the Greek Film Academy. Founder and director of Horme pictures, he is the director of nine feature films and the producer of forty shorts. His films have been presented and awarded in many international festivals.
EXILE will be presented by EuroObscura during the next Cannes Film Market starting on 22nd June.
EXILE – Best Feature Nominee Fantasporto 2020
Greece, 2020 – 110 minutes – Drama – English
Aris, despairing and desperate, attempts to leave Greece on a barely sea-worthy boat. After being rescued from drowning by the Coast Guard, he now returns as a foreigner in his own ruined country. There he experiences every kind of transgression as an outcast of the system. He steals; he becomes a slave and kills. He tries to survive off the grid. Is this the story of a modern Ulysses or the nightmare of the 21st Century everyman?
EuroObscura is an independent international sales agency focused on delivering high quality European horror – science fiction – action – fantasy movies to the worldwide market. Our mission is to promote European Fantastic cinema everywhere in the world.
- Short Fiction: TELLING STORIES - June 27, 2020
- New on Amazon Prime: PARALYZED WITH FEAR - June 22, 2020
- Popcorn Frights and Shudder Partner for Drive-In Horrorshow - June 20, 2020
- EXILE at Cannes Film Market - June 19, 2020
- Free Fiction: HOBB’S TOP AND OTHER HORRORS - June 3, 2020
- Short Film: NOT ALONE IN HERE - May 22, 2020
- Short Film: SPECIAL DAY - May 19, 2020
- Best Horror Podcasts of 2020 - May 13, 2020
- Press Release: DARK BLOOD COMES FROM THE FEET - May 11, 2020
- Short Film: CHROMOPHOBIA - May 5, 2020