The second novel in Mark N Drake’s Glennison Darkisle Cases Series was released by Aethos Publications on April 12, 2021. It’s called Those Under the Hill, and it picks up eight months after the events in the first novel, The Gathering of Shadows.
It’s May 1922, and a visitor from Darkisle presents Jack Glennison with a case that will pull him back to the island. A doctor reports that a young boy has disappeared without trace from the family farm. Any hopes Jack had that this might be a regular missing person case soon evaporate in the unseasonal heat of a Darkisle spring. Why haven’t the boy’s parents raised the alarm? What is the source of their unexplained wealth? And what links the uncanny events that have happened recently on nearby Slee Top hill?
As Jack’s investigation takes him across the island, he realises that if he thought he knew just what Darkisle could throw at him, he was sadly mistaken. For Darkisle holds more ancient magical secrets than he ever expected. And some secrets are best left buried.
This second book in the Glennison Darkisle Cases delves deeper into the hostile Lovecraftian world of Darkisle, where nothing is quite as it seems….
The book is available on Kindle and as a paperback. It is free to Kindle Unlimited subscribers.
It can be found at:
Additionally, the first book in the series, The Gathering of Shadows, can be bought as a Kindle Download at a discount price from both amazon.com and amazon.co.uk from April 13-20.
- Press Release: CATS CREEP - March 23, 2023
- Press Release: BAPTISMS OF HORROR & ECSTASY - February 4, 2023
- Press Release: YULETIDE FRIGHTS 2 - November 19, 2022
- Final Days: THE ELDRITCH CHILLS BUNDLE - September 15, 2022
- THE ELDRITCH CHILLS BUNDLE - September 8, 2022
- New at StoryBundle: THE ELDRITCH CHILLS BUNDLE - September 1, 2022
- The GREAT GALAXIES Bundle - August 4, 2022
- Now Featuring: THE GREAT GALAXIES BUNDLE - July 21, 2022
- OPEN CALL: Azathoth: Ordo ab Chao - May 26, 2022
- The EXPLORE 200 SCI-FI WORLDS StoryBundle! - May 19, 2022