Winner of the Fall 2018 Black River Chapbook Competition
This house has seen things it won’t let you forget.
When a new family moves in to the house at 25 Trumbulls Road, the narrator’s vivid dreams of a teary-eyed, raw-smelling woman who lives beneath the floor turn chillingly real. Five years later, the house’s new set of inhabitants are visited by the spectral presence of the little girl they lost. In these five tales linked by a single haunted house, the characters move through a world suspended between nightmare and loss, where the unexplainable and disquieting are fueled by ordinary grief and longing. Christopher Locke explores the ways in which our unspoken fears and everyday regrets sustain the darker heart of a home-its doorways and windows, its basements and lights-until it fills those corners of our lives with something close to terror. His stories ask: how does a home feed on this energy, growing stronger with each new, sinister end? As compulsively readable as it is unsettling, 25 Trumbulls Road takes us to the places we’re afraid to go, then leaves us at a destination where we are our most human.
Available from Black Lawrence Press.
- Gaming News: Terror DTLA: SON OF SAM - July 11, 2020
- Short Fiction: TELLING STORIES - June 27, 2020
- New on Amazon Prime: PARALYZED WITH FEAR - June 22, 2020
- Popcorn Frights and Shudder Partner for Drive-In Horrorshow - June 20, 2020
- EXILE at Cannes Film Market - June 19, 2020
- Free Fiction: HOBB’S TOP AND OTHER HORRORS - June 3, 2020
- Short Film: NOT ALONE IN HERE - May 22, 2020
- Short Film: SPECIAL DAY - May 19, 2020
- Best Horror Podcasts of 2020 - May 13, 2020
- Press Release: DARK BLOOD COMES FROM THE FEET - May 11, 2020