These are the stories of things out of water—of sea bed deserts choked with ghosts; of the lonely, roving children of the fen. Here your garden grows belowground. You will be born into a cradle of your own bones, shadows will burst from your eyes, and your mouth will fill with thorns. Storms will twist inside you, and the ghosts of your past will follow you and chart your future.
Here, things are out of place—ectopic and unviable—and you will mourn the unborn, those underwater things out of water.
This Is Horror says of Out of Water: “Read solidifies her place in the dark fiction world, blending fantasy and horror with her unique voice and emotional perspective.”
Meanwhile, Sarah’s collection earned a starred review from Publishers Weekly, which calls the collection “spellbinding” and says, “This collection is a must for lovers of arresting speculative fiction.”
There are ghosts in these currents.
- Movie Trailer: PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN - February 25, 2020
- Women in Horror: “A Dark Adapted Eye” at The Wicked Library - February 24, 2020
- Could Crystal Lake Become “Hometown of Horror Films”? - February 22, 2020
- 2019 Stoker Award Finalists Announced - February 21, 2020
- Review: SHOUT KILL REVEL REPEAT - February 20, 2020
- Women in Horror: “Train Man” at the Wicked Library - February 16, 2020
- Poster Art: I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS - February 15, 2020
- Amazon Prime Trailer: THE PALE HORSE - February 14, 2020
- Final Trailer for Guillermo Del Toro’s ANTLERS - February 13, 2020
- COLOR OUT OF SPACE Drops February 25th - February 11, 2020