Undisputed home of horror brought to life like never before this October
Iconic British brand Hammer’s original immersive theatre experience
Set in London’s atmospheric Hoxton Hall for a maximum of 200 people per night
In 1934, theatre owner Enrique Carreras and jewellery store owner and music hall performer William ‘Hammer’ Hinds formed a small film production company in London. It was to become the foundation of one of the world’s most iconic film companies, Hammer, best known for its heart-stopping, terrifying gothic horror classics including Dracula (1958), The Mummy (1959), and more recently the blockbuster hit Woman in Black (2012).
From 3rd to 31st October 2017 the undisputed home of horror will push boundaries and seduce audiences once again with the production of its first ever immersive theatre performance Hammer House of Horror Live.
Created by some of the most experienced and exciting practitioners in immersive theatre, film, and digital technology, this chilling new production will be based on an original script and set in and around a remarkable listed Victorian music hall, returning to the roots of one of Hammer’s founders.
Throughout October a maximum of 200 brave souls a night will have the opportunity to witness a spell-binding vampiric ritual. The audience will be drawn from the vaults to the rafters of Hoxton Hall, dipping in and out of this other-world as they dare, before being led inexorably towards the night’s spectacular finale, where they will face the unimaginable.
A tense and intimate encounter, no two performances are the same, and no two audience experiences will be quite alike. Tantalising, intoxicating and overwhelming, horror has never been so wickedly entertaining.
Karena Johnson, Artistic Director of Hoxton Hall, said, ‘We are really excited to be making history with the iconic British film brand Hammer, by hosting their first-ever immersive theatre experience in our unique and atmospheric music hall. Hammer House of Horror Live is one of the highlights in our Autumn season programme, and we’re really looking forward to welcoming the Hammer team to Hoxton Hall. This has been an incredible beginning to what we hope will be a long-lasting relationship with Hammer, working alongside them on many more thrilling and innovative projects’.
Hammer House of Horror Live
3rd to 31st October 2017
Tickets from £48.50
Hoxton Hall, 130 Hoxton Street, London N1 6SH
Over 18s only
- In January You Might Take a Visit to the ‘Opera!’ - November 19, 2017
- This December Prepare for ‘Leatherface!’ - November 19, 2017
- Dark Horse, Santa Monica Studio, and Sony Interactive Entertainment Join Forces - November 18, 2017
- ‘The Exorcist: Legion VR’ Comes to Oculus Rift and HTC Vive on November 22nd - November 18, 2017
- The Popcorn Frights Film Festival 2018 Wants Your Film Submissions! - November 17, 2017
- Get Ready for Some ‘Mayhem’ this December! - November 17, 2017
- You’ll Get a ‘Friend Request’ This December and January! - November 16, 2017
- Hello, Clarice – ‘The Silence of the Lambs’ is Getting a Criterion Collection Release! - November 16, 2017
- Outstanding Fantasy Short Film ‘The Black Cat’ is Now Available on Youtube! - November 15, 2017
- Dark Horse Comics Previews ‘Rasputin: The Voice of the Dragon’ - November 15, 2017