Feral Interactive today announced that the highly anticipated turn-based strategy game XCOM® 2 is out now for Mac and Linux and is available to buy via Steam. XCOM 2 will be released on the Mac App Store shortly. Developed by Firaxis Games and published by 2K for Windows PC, XCOM 2 is the sequel to the hugely popular XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
XCOM 2 takes place 20 years after the events of XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Humanity lost the war against the extra-terrestrial forces and the aliens have established a new world order, promising a brilliant future for all.
However, beneath the surface lies a sinister agenda to eliminate all who dissent from their rule. The paramilitary organization known as XCOM is scattered and largely forgotten, and must strike back to reclaim control of Earth and free humanity from alien rule. In XCOM 2, players must recruit, train and equip a team of resistance soldiers, then engage the alien forces in epic turn-based battles. Not only will XCOM fight against the alien army, but will also face ADVENT, a group of soldiers who make up the aliens’ own personal police force.
XCOM 2 introduces features such as procedurally-generated levels, so no two missions are ever the same; a standalone Psionic soldier class along with new Psionic abilities; and terrifying new alien enemies.
XCOM 2 is available as a standalone base game and as the XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition. The XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition comprises the base game, the Reinforcement Pack and the XCOM 2 digital soundtrack.
The Reinforcement Pack consists of three content packs, which will be released individually through Spring-Summer 2016: Anarchy’s Children, Alien Hunters, and Shen’s Last Gift. The Reinforcement Pack is also available to buy separately.
The Reinforcement Pack will be released as one pack for the Mac App Store version in Summer 2016.
“We are delighted to be launching XCOM 2 for Mac and Linux day-and-date with the Windows release,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “We’re looking forward to Mac and Linux gamers making a powerful contribution to the remnant XCOM forces.”
XCOM 2 is available through Steam, the Feral Store and other online stores for $59.99/£34.99/€49,99. XCOM 2 will retail for US $49.99/£39.99/€49.99 on the Mac App Store. XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition is available only via Steam and retails for $74.99/£47.99/€64,99.
The Reinforcement Pack is available from Steam and third-party stores and retails for $19.99/£15.99/€19,99. Pricing for the Mac App Store Reinforcement Pack will be announced at a later date.
- Demon – Movie Review - September 6, 2016
- September JournalStone Newsletter - September 5, 2016
- Win a Weird Western Story Bundle Courtesy of ChiZine Publications! - August 26, 2016
- New Poster for Rob Zombie’s ’31’ + One Night Only Screening! - August 13, 2016
- Check Out the ‘I’m Dreaming of a White Doomsday’ Trailer - August 13, 2016
- ITN Distribution Wants To Welcome You To ‘Clowntown’ - August 13, 2016
- Next Week on Syfy - August 12, 2016
- Be Somewhere Where You Can Bring Home ‘Lake Nowhere’ - August 12, 2016
- Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights Adds a ‘Krampus’ Maze! - August 11, 2016
- Visiting Hours to the Sanatorium Begin Now – Official Trailer and Poster for ‘Patient Seven’! - August 11, 2016