The Strain is FX’s high concept thriller that tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, former head of the Center for Disease Control, Canary Team in New York City. After he and his team were called upon to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism, Eph and an assembly of everyday New Yorkers waged war for the fate of humanity itself.
As the final season begins, nine months have passed. The world has fallen into darkness, and the strigoi are in control. The explosion at the end of season three triggered a global nuclear apocalypse. The resulting nuclear winter liberated the strigoi allowing them to move about during daytime, and enabling the Master to establish a totalitarian regime. Preying on the fears of the populace, the Master and his minions have created an unsettling alliance in “The Partnership.”
The majority of humans are now working for the strigoi, operating with a single understanding – collaborate or die. With the world in disarray and our heroes disbanded, each of them will have to overcome personal hardship and defy death for even the smallest chance at fighting back. All the while, the Master reigns supreme, furthering his scheme for the end of the world as we know it.
“In the face of annihilation…do our heroes have what it takes to save humankind?”
- Bloober Team Breaks Down the Psychology of “Hidden Horror” in New Video for ‘>observer_’ - June 27, 2017
- Virus Is Spreading The Infection via SANDAWE - June 27, 2017
- Every THING Needs To Eat In This ‘Island Zero’ Trailer - June 26, 2017
- ‘Gremlin’ Coming to VOD on July 11th - June 26, 2017
- ‘Another Evil’ Comes to DVD and Blu-ray on July 18th - June 25, 2017
- ‘Without Name’ Has Two New Clips Out - June 25, 2017
- Clive Barker’s Seraphim Comics To Show Us ‘Hellraiser: Anthology Volume Two’ In September! - June 24, 2017
- ‘Amsterdamned’ Limited Edition Release Details - June 24, 2017
- Kevin Smith Has Started His Horror Anthology ‘Kilroy Was Here’ - June 23, 2017
- Tech Bros Run Amok In ‘Legal Termination of a Warlock’ - June 23, 2017