FAN-FAVORITE SLASHER FRANCHISE CONTINUES THIS AUTUMN WITH SURPRISE SEQUEL TO THE HATCHET SERIES
Top-secret production from Dark Sky Films and ArieScope Pictures – starring Kane Hodder and helmed by Adam Green – kept under wraps for over two years.
Dark Sky Films proudly announces VICTOR CROWLEY, the surprise fourth film in the fan-favorite Hatchet franchise. Kept tightly under wraps for over two years, the slasher sequel unexpectedly debuted in LA shocking fans, celebrities, and industry professionals who gathered to celebrate at an event coined as a Hatchet 10th Anniversary Celebration. The film will now be available to fans in select theaters beginning October 2017, as VICTOR CROWLEY hits the road. Writer/director Adam Green (and other cast) will travel with and introduce the film at special one-night screening events across America. Additional tour dates will be added.
Set a decade after the events of the series’ first three films, VICTOR CROWLEY reunites Hatchet mainstays Kane Hodder (Friday the 13th 7 –X‘s Jason Voorhees) and Parry Shen (Better Luck Tomorrow) for an all-new, horrifying journey into the haunted, blood-drenched bayou.
In 2007, forty-nine people were brutally torn to pieces in Louisiana’s Honey Island Swamp. Over the past decade, lone survivor Andrew Yong’s claims that local legend Victor Crowley was responsible for the horrific massacre have been met with great controversy, but when a twist of fate puts him back at the scene of the tragedy, Crowley is mistakenly resurrected and Yong must face the bloodthirsty ghost from his past.
VICTOR CROWLEY’s ensemble cast also features Laura Ortiz (2006’s The Hills Have Eyes), Dave Sheridan (Scary Movie), and Brian Quinn (truTV’s Impractical Jokers). Writer/director Adam Green proudly returns to the director’s chair of his series that, upon debuting in 2007, was energetically touted as a return to “old school American horror,” and whose maniacal fan-favorite villain quickly secured a place among slasher royalty.
Says Green, “I couldn’t be happier to partner with Dark Sky Films and bring Victor Crowley back to horror fans around the world. Resurrecting the series for its tenth anniversary was our way of saying thank you to everyone in The Hatchet Army and beyond who have supported this series since its inception. This bloodbath is for all of you.”
VICTOR CROWLEY will hit select U.S. theaters in October 2017 as part of Dark Sky Films’ Victor Crowley Road Show, wherein Internationally, the film is slated to bow at festivals worldwide.
- Funko to Celebrate 25 Years of Halloween Town with New ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ Collectibles - August 10, 2018
- Experience Hulu’s ‘Castle Rock’ in New 360-Degree Virtual Reality Video - August 10, 2018
- NECA Reveals ‘Alien’ and ‘Predator Foam Replica Wall-Mounted Busts, Coming This November - August 9, 2018
- John Carpenter’s ‘The Thing’ Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray Set Announced by Scream Factory - August 9, 2018
- Immerse Yourself in the Occult with Three Blu-ray Clips from ‘Pyewacket’ - August 8, 2018
- Girls and Corpses Films Presents ‘Cynthia’ - August 8, 2018
- ‘Lake Placid: Legacy’ Splashes onto DVD and Digital on September 4th - August 7, 2018
- ‘Trick ’r Treat’ “Frightville Novelties” Halloween Decorations Coming This September from Fright Rags - August 7, 2018
- ‘The Nursery’ Coming to DVD on August 7 - August 6, 2018
- Photos of Prime 1 Studio’s New “Batman Who Laughs” Statue, Coming in 2020 from Sideshow Collectibles - August 6, 2018