QUAD Cinema presents our ongoing look at lost works of American independent cinema Underexposed with this Southern Gothic horror story.
Screening on a 16mm print with filmmaker Richard Blackburn in person!
Richard Blackburn, 1972, U.S., 90m, 16mm
Angelic choirgirl Lila Lee (Cheryl “Rainbeaux” Smith) goes in search of her dying gangster father and arrives at a Georgia backwoods town populated by rival vampire factions. She’s taken in by Lemora (Lesley Gilb), who proves to be the vampires’ queen and aims to initiate the innocent into the cult of the undead. With a dreamlike atmosphere, this genuinely creepy Southern Gothic period piece of modest means is one of American indie horror’s best kept secrets.
With Richard Blackburn in person!
Screening as part of our ongoing series Underexposed, which looks beyond the classics of American independent cinema and uncovers gems lost to time.
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall – Who’s the Villain After All? - January 15, 2019
- Salem Horror Fest 2019 Announces Call for Entries for Feature-Length Movies and Short Films! - January 14, 2019
- Scream Factory Reveals Full Blu-ray Release Details for ‘The Return of the Vampire’ (1943), Starring Bela Lugosi - January 14, 2019
- Kino Lorber to Release Blu-ray of ‘Kingdom of the Spiders’ (1977) from Code Red - January 13, 2019
- Death is Relived Over and Over Again in Trailer for First Season of Netflix’s ‘Russian Doll,’ Starring Natasha Lyonne - January 13, 2019
- Terror Films Sets Release Date for 80’s Horror Homage Feature ‘Close Calls’ (Jan. 11th)! - January 11, 2019
- Netflix Reveals Official Trailer for Dan Gilroy’s ‘Velvet Buzzsaw’ - January 10, 2019
- Mezco Toyz to Unleash the Ancient Evil of Derry with New Pennywise “Burst-A-Box” - January 10, 2019
- Amok Time to Release New “The Crate” ‘Creepshow’ Monstarz Action Figure This May - January 10, 2019
- ‘The Manitou’ (1978) Coming to Blu-ray on April 16th from Scream Factory - January 9, 2019