The Orchard will open the film in theaters on November 10, and it has just been announced that THELMA is Norway’s official Oscar® entry for Best Foreign Language Film. Following its TIFF premiere, the film will be shown at Fantastic Fest and New York Film Festival.
Thelma, a shy young student, has just left her religious family in a small town on the west coast of Norway to study at a university in Oslo. While at the library one day, she experiences a violent, unexpected seizure. Soon after, she finds herself intensely drawn toward Anja, a beautiful young student who reciprocates Thelma’s powerful attraction. As the semester continues, Thelma becomes increasingly overwhelmed by her intense feelings for Anja – feelings she doesn’t dare acknowledge, even to herself – while at the same time experiencing even more extreme seizures. As it becomes clearer that the seizures are a symptom of inexplicable, often dangerous, supernatural abilities, Thelma is confronted with tragic secrets of her past, and the terrifying implications of her powers.
- Aloft Boston Seaport Dares You to Experience its Halloween Hotel Immersion - October 22, 2017
- Love is in the Water in the Latest Poster for ‘The Shape of Water’ - October 22, 2017
- In LA? You’ll Want to Check Out the ‘Apartment 213’ Experience! - October 22, 2017
- ‘Citadel: Forged With Fire’ is Launching a Special Halloween Update! - October 21, 2017
- We Have a ‘Sightings’ Trailer To Show You - October 21, 2017
- You’re ‘Not A Hero’ and It’s the ‘End Of Zoe’ in This New DLC for ‘Resident Evil 7’ - October 21, 2017
- Kirk Hammett’s ‘It’s Alive!’ Collection is Coming! - October 20, 2017
- New Orleans is Getting a ‘Vampire: The Masquerade’ LARP - October 20, 2017
- Next Year There Will Be a ’68 Kill’ from Scream Factory! - October 19, 2017
- Lionsgate Will Put Us in ‘Woodshock’ This November! - October 19, 2017