The Orchard will open the film in theaters on November 10, and it has just been announced that THELMA is Norway’s official Oscar® entry for Best Foreign Language Film. Following its TIFF premiere, the film will be shown at Fantastic Fest and New York Film Festival.
Thelma, a shy young student, has just left her religious family in a small town on the west coast of Norway to study at a university in Oslo. While at the library one day, she experiences a violent, unexpected seizure. Soon after, she finds herself intensely drawn toward Anja, a beautiful young student who reciprocates Thelma’s powerful attraction. As the semester continues, Thelma becomes increasingly overwhelmed by her intense feelings for Anja – feelings she doesn’t dare acknowledge, even to herself – while at the same time experiencing even more extreme seizures. As it becomes clearer that the seizures are a symptom of inexplicable, often dangerous, supernatural abilities, Thelma is confronted with tragic secrets of her past, and the terrifying implications of her powers.
- Sideshow is Releasing ‘Gallevarbe: Eyes of the Queen!’ - March 13, 2018
- ‘My Friend Dahmer’ Coming to DVD and Blu-ray on April 10th - March 13, 2018
- Indican Pictures Releases Sci-fi and Horror Thriller ‘Apocalypsis’ - March 12, 2018
- Fatal Fetish Anthology Edited by Toneye Eyenot Available Now at Amazon - March 12, 2018
- ‘The Crazies’ Available on Blu-ray March 13th - March 10, 2018
- “I’m Beginning to Feel Better” in This New Clip from ‘Eat Me’ - March 9, 2018
- Are You Ready to Watch ‘The Endless?’ - March 9, 2018
- Dark Horse Serves ‘Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts’ for Fans to Consume in September 2018 - March 8, 2018
- Scream Factory is Bringing ‘Night of the Lepus’ Back to Life! - March 8, 2018
- Details on the New ‘Splathouse ‘ Episode - March 7, 2018