The Orchard will open the film in theaters on November 10, and it has just been announced that THELMA is Norway’s official Oscar® entry for Best Foreign Language Film. Following its TIFF premiere, the film will be shown at Fantastic Fest and New York Film Festival.
Thelma, a shy young student, has just left her religious family in a small town on the west coast of Norway to study at a university in Oslo. While at the library one day, she experiences a violent, unexpected seizure. Soon after, she finds herself intensely drawn toward Anja, a beautiful young student who reciprocates Thelma’s powerful attraction. As the semester continues, Thelma becomes increasingly overwhelmed by her intense feelings for Anja – feelings she doesn’t dare acknowledge, even to herself – while at the same time experiencing even more extreme seizures. As it becomes clearer that the seizures are a symptom of inexplicable, often dangerous, supernatural abilities, Thelma is confronted with tragic secrets of her past, and the terrifying implications of her powers.
- Slasher Horror Feature ‘Crazy Lake’ Promises a Rip-Roaring Good Time - September 21, 2017
- Secondary Art Available from SYFY’s ‘Channel Zero: No-End House’ - September 20, 2017
- Hail Satan! ‘The Devil’s Rain’ Comes to Blu-ray on October 31st from Severin Films! - September 20, 2017
- Thirsty For A ‘Dark Roast?’ - September 19, 2017
- Love Variety In Your Horror? Get Ready For ‘Nightmare Cinema!’ - September 19, 2017
- Katherine Vaz and Chris Sharp, This Wednesday, September 20th at the KGB Bar - September 18, 2017
- ‘Victor Crowley Road Show’ in Select Theaters Starting October 1st - September 17, 2017
- Francesca Eastwood in M.F.A. – In Theaters, VOD, and HD Digital October 13 - September 17, 2017
- A New Poster and Trailer Are Out for ‘Haze’ - September 16, 2017
- There Is a Red Band Trailer Out for ‘The Shape Of Water’ - September 16, 2017