The Orchard will open the film in theaters on November 10, and it has just been announced that THELMA is Norway’s official Oscar® entry for Best Foreign Language Film. Following its TIFF premiere, the film will be shown at Fantastic Fest and New York Film Festival.
Thelma, a shy young student, has just left her religious family in a small town on the west coast of Norway to study at a university in Oslo. While at the library one day, she experiences a violent, unexpected seizure. Soon after, she finds herself intensely drawn toward Anja, a beautiful young student who reciprocates Thelma’s powerful attraction. As the semester continues, Thelma becomes increasingly overwhelmed by her intense feelings for Anja – feelings she doesn’t dare acknowledge, even to herself – while at the same time experiencing even more extreme seizures. As it becomes clearer that the seizures are a symptom of inexplicable, often dangerous, supernatural abilities, Thelma is confronted with tragic secrets of her past, and the terrifying implications of her powers.
- Scream Factory Just Wants to Say ‘I Remember You’ This March! - December 15, 2017
- You Can Take ‘Jigsaw’ Home in January! - December 15, 2017
- Special Return Engagement of Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Begins Friday - December 14, 2017
- Vault Comics Announces Title Change to ‘Cult Classic Series!’ - December 14, 2017
- The Third Trailer is Out for ‘Bright’ - December 13, 2017
- Enjoy Some ‘SNL’-Inspired Gift Wrapping! - December 13, 2017
- We Know You Want to Find Out When ‘Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween 2′ Blu-ray’ is Coming Out! - December 12, 2017
- ‘Killing Floor: Incursion’ Announced for PlayStation VR - December 12, 2017
- Brand-New ‘The Evil Within’ Graphic Novel - December 11, 2017
- The Trailer for ‘Birdboy: The Forgotten Children’ Could Be the Best Thing Ever! …. Or… Not… - December 11, 2017