The Orchard will open the film in theaters on November 10, and it has just been announced that THELMA is Norway’s official Oscar® entry for Best Foreign Language Film. Following its TIFF premiere, the film will be shown at Fantastic Fest and New York Film Festival.
Thelma, a shy young student, has just left her religious family in a small town on the west coast of Norway to study at a university in Oslo. While at the library one day, she experiences a violent, unexpected seizure. Soon after, she finds herself intensely drawn toward Anja, a beautiful young student who reciprocates Thelma’s powerful attraction. As the semester continues, Thelma becomes increasingly overwhelmed by her intense feelings for Anja – feelings she doesn’t dare acknowledge, even to herself – while at the same time experiencing even more extreme seizures. As it becomes clearer that the seizures are a symptom of inexplicable, often dangerous, supernatural abilities, Thelma is confronted with tragic secrets of her past, and the terrifying implications of her powers.
- Stoker Con 2018 Librarians’ Day Schedule is LIVE!!! Pass it on! - January 15, 2018
- Get Ready for the Graphic Novel of ‘Ghostbusters 101: Everyone Answers’ - January 15, 2018
- ‘TheNightfall’ – Enthralling First-Person Horror Experience Now Available on Steam! - January 14, 2018
- Will You Check Out That Sound in ‘The Basement?’ - January 14, 2018
- ‘Stan Against Evil’ Gets a Third Season! - January 13, 2018
- ‘Knock Knock’ Opens the Door to a Trailer - January 13, 2018
- This February, be Prepared to Enter the ‘House of Demons’ - January 12, 2018
- Myke Cole and Joseph Helmreich, Wednesday, January 17th at the KGB Bar - January 12, 2018
- This Trailer Will Get You a Little ‘Psychotic!’ - January 11, 2018
- BHS Press to Publish Gary Morgenstein’s Provocative New Novel ‘A Mound Over Hell’ - January 11, 2018