A Bigger Boat, in association with Wing & A Prayer Pictures, is proud to announce – and reveal three first-look images from THE SHED, a bold horror feature from New York-based writer/director Frank Sabatella. The thriller recently wrapped filming in upstate New York and is eyeing a 2019 festival run.
THE SHED tells the story of Stan, an orphaned teenager stuck living with his abusive grandfather and tasked with routinely protecting his best friend from high school bullies. When Stan discovers a murderous creature has taken refuge inside the toolshed in his back yard, he tries to secretly battle the demon alone until his bullied friend discovers the creature and has a far more sinister plan in mind.
THE SHED stars Timothy Bottoms (The Last Picture Show), Frank Whaley (Pulp Fiction), Siobhan Fallon (Men in Black), Jay Jay Warren (Amazon Prime’s Bosch), Cody Kostro (CBS’ Elementary), and newcomer Sofia Happonen. It is produced by Peter Block, godfather of Lionsgate’s blockbuster SAW franchise, and producer of House At The End Of The Street); Cory Neal, producer, who produced the ski-lift thriller Frozen with Block, as well as the Hatchet series; and Wing & A Prayer’s Josh Crook (The All Nighter).
Sabatella previously wrote and directed the 2011 Lionsgate release Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet, as well as a number of holiday-themed Halloween shorts via his New York-based production shingle, Sideshow Pictures. Said Sabatella upon the completion of filming, “I’m really excited about our dynamic cast of veteran actors and incredibly talented fresh faces that bring an interesting dimension of realism to the film. It is a unique horror piece with great scares and awesome moments that I think audiences will really respond to. I can’t wait to get it in front of them.” Added Block, “Frank (Sabatella) and I wanted to take a cool horror set-up and use it to comment on current anti-bullying discussions, as well as to use a horror creature as a metaphor for the extreme outcomes that occur when the bullied are pushed too far.”
Rounding out the film’s crew is Director of Photography Matthias Schubert (Ryuhei Kitamura’s Downrange), longtime Sideshow Pictures collaborator Jeremy Selenfriend handling the picture’s practical FX, and Mike Mendez as Co-Producer.
CMG handles international sales on THE SHED, which will be featured at Santa Monica’s American Film Market, October 31 – November 7.
- ‘The Shed,’ From ‘Saw’ Franchise Producer Peter Block, Wraps Production, Heads to AFM - October 6, 2018
- This Halloween Travel Channel Presents ‘Ghost Adventures Live’ – A Terrifying Four-Hour Live Investigation - October 5, 2018
- ‘Torso’ (1973) Available on Blu-ray October 30th - October 5, 2018
- General Mills Monsters Become ‘The Breakfast Club’ in New Shirt & Enamel Pin Collection from Fright Rags - October 4, 2018
- Film Festival Darling ‘Real Gods Require Blood’ Now Available Exclusively on ALTER - October 4, 2018
- ‘Darkest Night’ Season 3 – Podcast Returns Oct 3 - September 30, 2018
- Scream Factory Reveals Full Release Details for ‘Single White Female’ Blu-ray - September 28, 2018
- Watch the Unpredictable Trailer for Michael Peterson’s ‘Knuckball,’ Co-Starring Michael Ironside - September 27, 2018
- Discover What is Real and What is Not When ‘The Book of Birdie’ Hits VOD on October 2nd! - September 27, 2018
- Throwback Trailer for ‘Hell Fest’ Gives the New Horror Movie an ’80s Slasher Vibe - September 26, 2018