Joel Eisenberg and Steve Hillard’s Council Tree Productions (The Chronicles of Ara, Then Again with Herbie J Pilato) has acquired Night Things by Terry M. West to develop as a one-hour weekly horror/drama series.
A book series that began in 2013, Night Things imagines a world where monsters exist side by side with humanity. New York City has become a macabre melting pot. Vampires, werewolves, zombies, and ghouls are now the new immigrants and they are chasing the American dream. The Night Things have become part of the system. Iconic “classic monsters” portray crime lords, pornographers, cult leaders, and street hustlers. New York City is run by Frankenstein’s Monster (Johnny Stücke). The Night Things fear Stücke and this dread is the only thing that keeps the city from being devoured.
With a liberal dose of violence, gore, and sexual content, Night Things is closer in tone to Breaking Bad and The Sopranos than Penny Dreadful.
“I envisioned Night Things as a TV series after I finished the first book,” Terry says. “I’m thrilled that Joel and Council Tree Productions see its potential. I’m very excited and grateful that my pitch will land on the desks of decision makers at major networks/streaming services. It’s a great opportunity and we are all working hard on it.”
Says Eisenberg: “Night Things is a blast. Council Tree opened the door to independent authors and we’ve been fortunate to discover true talents like Terry M.West. As a fan of Universal monster classics, what Terry has done to reinvent and, in some cases rejuvenate, these legendary creatures is in a class by itself. We’re anxious to get this one going.”
Council Tree Productions is jointly-owned by Eisenberg and Hillard, the latter owner of Council Tree Investors, a private equity firm responsible for developing, or advising on, several billion dollars in telecom investments, including Telemundo.
Night Things will be pitched to executives in the last quarter of 2017.
- Sideshow is Releasing ‘Gallevarbe: Eyes of the Queen!’ - March 13, 2018
- ‘My Friend Dahmer’ Coming to DVD and Blu-ray on April 10th - March 13, 2018
- Indican Pictures Releases Sci-fi and Horror Thriller ‘Apocalypsis’ - March 12, 2018
- Fatal Fetish Anthology Edited by Toneye Eyenot Available Now at Amazon - March 12, 2018
- ‘The Crazies’ Available on Blu-ray March 13th - March 10, 2018
- “I’m Beginning to Feel Better” in This New Clip from ‘Eat Me’ - March 9, 2018
- Are You Ready to Watch ‘The Endless?’ - March 9, 2018
- Dark Horse Serves ‘Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts’ for Fans to Consume in September 2018 - March 8, 2018
- Scream Factory is Bringing ‘Night of the Lepus’ Back to Life! - March 8, 2018
- Details on the New ‘Splathouse ‘ Episode - March 7, 2018