Seasons & a Muse Productions new indie thriller “The Scarapist”™ is set to screen at this year’s European Film Market (EFM), concurrent with Berlinale International Film Festival. The screening will be held at Cinemaxx 17 on February 12, 2016, at 6:50 p.m. CET by Los Angeles-based sales agent XVIII Entertainment. Headed by creative director JJ Rogers, who will be present at the screening, XVIII Entertainment represents “The Scarapist”™ for all media worldwide.
Based on the horrifying true story, “The Scarapist”™ unfolds as an insane therapist seduces a suburban novelist and her family into a web of manipulation, hypnosis, drugs, kidnapping and murder. Using trust to exploit her patients’ weaknesses, “The Scarapist”™ sets out to destroy them all.
“Disturbing, intriguing,” raves film critic and historian David Luhrssen of Shepherd Express. “The urgency of the eerie theme music, the autumnal setting, the familiar gothic angle of a cruel lunatic authority figure-it all suggests a horror film… with an unusual twist-it’s an indictment of bad New Age pseudo-therapists with a particularly demented villain.”
“The Scarapist”™ landed its world premiere at LA Femme Film Festival, with additional screenings at Friday the 13th Fright Fest and Weyauwega International Film Festival. After a successful run in Landmark Theatres across the United States, “The Scarapist”™ makes its way to EFM, and other platforms and territories.
“The Scarapist”™ stars Jeanne Marie Spicuzza (“Field Day”), Katy Colloton (TV Land’s “Teachers”) and R. Michael Gull (“Dust”), and is directed by screenwriter Jeanne Marie Spicuzza and Synthian Sharp (“How I Became an Elephant”). Publicity for “The Scarapist”™ is handled by Kim Dixon of Dominion3 Public Relations of Los Angeles.
- July Journalstone Newsletter - July 18, 2017
- April Journalstone Newsletter - April 12, 2017
- November JournalStone Newsletter - November 4, 2016
- Enter to Win Tickets to See ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ — Back in Theatres for Two Days Only! - October 25, 2016
- The Red Band Trailer for ‘The Autopsy of Jane Doe’ is Here in All Its NSFW Glory! - October 16, 2016
- Help Celebrate the Release of ‘Freaks Anon’ – Enter to Win a Signed Copy! - October 10, 2016
- Details On UK’s Horror Channel FrightFest Weekend’s 16-Film Marathon - October 8, 2016
- October JournalStone Newsletter - October 5, 2016
- Enter to Win a Copy of ‘The Devil’s Work’! - September 30, 2016
- Demon – Movie Review - September 6, 2016