In celebration of the 35th Anniversary of The Dark Crystal, the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack will be available across five deluxe anniversary edition vinyl variants*, courtesy of The Jim Henson Company and Enjoy The Toons Records. This Deluxe 35th Anniversary Edition is pressed on 180-200 gram limited edition colored vinyl, complete with die-cut center labels** and housed in a 400gsm gatefold jacket. This release also includes a 24-page photo booklet, which includes rarely seen production photos, interviews, original poster art from around the world, and concept art from The Jim Henson Company archives.
The soundtrack features Trevor Jones’ musical score written for the groundbreaking fantasy classic directed by Jim Henson and Frank Oz, and was arranged specifically for an album listening experience. The album was recorded by the London Symphony Orchestra at the legendary Abbey Road Studios in 1982.
Web Exclusive Variants (hand-numbered for each respective color run):
- 100 – Black
- 150 – Three Suns Color In Color
- 200 – Purple Inside Clear with Purple Splatter
- 250 – Aughra Split**
- 300 – Tri-Color Stripe**
- Full Track Listing
- Overture (3:07)
- The Power Ceremony (3:50)
- The Storm (1:00)
- The Mystic Master Dies (0:47)
- The Funerals / Jen’s Journey (5:23)
- The Skeksis Duel (2:37)
- The Pod Dance (3:09)
- Love Theme (3:13)
- Gelfling Song (2:15)
- The Gelfling Ruins (2:41)
- The Landstrider Journey (0:40)
- The Great Conjunction (4:10)
- Finale (7:14)
While supplies last, each order will receive an exclusive 12″ x 12″ art print with randomly selected orders receiving a signed print by Josh Bodwell.
*Disclaimer: Due to these records being hand-numbered, they are not sealed in shrink wrap – they will be shipped in a protective poly sleeve.
**Due to manufacturing restrictions, the Aughra Split and Tri-Color Stripe variants do not have die cut center labels, but include traditional center labels with alternate artwork.
Note: Each record has a unique blend of color & may not look identical to the sample photos.
We cannot guarantee these will arrive in time for Christmas, but we will be shipping them out as quickly as possible! Thank you for your understanding.
***Strict Limit of 2 per order on the Black & 3 Suns Variant***
- Sideshow is Releasing ‘Gallevarbe: Eyes of the Queen!’ - March 13, 2018
- ‘My Friend Dahmer’ Coming to DVD and Blu-ray on April 10th - March 13, 2018
- Indican Pictures Releases Sci-fi and Horror Thriller ‘Apocalypsis’ - March 12, 2018
- Fatal Fetish Anthology Edited by Toneye Eyenot Available Now at Amazon - March 12, 2018
- ‘The Crazies’ Available on Blu-ray March 13th - March 10, 2018
- “I’m Beginning to Feel Better” in This New Clip from ‘Eat Me’ - March 9, 2018
- Are You Ready to Watch ‘The Endless?’ - March 9, 2018
- Dark Horse Serves ‘Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts’ for Fans to Consume in September 2018 - March 8, 2018
- Scream Factory is Bringing ‘Night of the Lepus’ Back to Life! - March 8, 2018
- Details on the New ‘Splathouse ‘ Episode - March 7, 2018