In celebration of the 35th Anniversary of The Dark Crystal, the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack will be available across five deluxe anniversary edition vinyl variants*, courtesy of The Jim Henson Company and Enjoy The Toons Records. This Deluxe 35th Anniversary Edition is pressed on 180-200 gram limited edition colored vinyl, complete with die-cut center labels** and housed in a 400gsm gatefold jacket. This release also includes a 24-page photo booklet, which includes rarely seen production photos, interviews, original poster art from around the world, and concept art from The Jim Henson Company archives.
The soundtrack features Trevor Jones’ musical score written for the groundbreaking fantasy classic directed by Jim Henson and Frank Oz, and was arranged specifically for an album listening experience. The album was recorded by the London Symphony Orchestra at the legendary Abbey Road Studios in 1982.
Web Exclusive Variants (hand-numbered for each respective color run):
- 100 – Black
- 150 – Three Suns Color In Color
- 200 – Purple Inside Clear with Purple Splatter
- 250 – Aughra Split**
- 300 – Tri-Color Stripe**
- Full Track Listing
- Overture (3:07)
- The Power Ceremony (3:50)
- The Storm (1:00)
- The Mystic Master Dies (0:47)
- The Funerals / Jen’s Journey (5:23)
- The Skeksis Duel (2:37)
- The Pod Dance (3:09)
- Love Theme (3:13)
- Gelfling Song (2:15)
- The Gelfling Ruins (2:41)
- The Landstrider Journey (0:40)
- The Great Conjunction (4:10)
- Finale (7:14)
While supplies last, each order will receive an exclusive 12″ x 12″ art print with randomly selected orders receiving a signed print by Josh Bodwell.
*Disclaimer: Due to these records being hand-numbered, they are not sealed in shrink wrap – they will be shipped in a protective poly sleeve.
**Due to manufacturing restrictions, the Aughra Split and Tri-Color Stripe variants do not have die cut center labels, but include traditional center labels with alternate artwork.
Note: Each record has a unique blend of color & may not look identical to the sample photos.
We cannot guarantee these will arrive in time for Christmas, but we will be shipping them out as quickly as possible! Thank you for your understanding.
***Strict Limit of 2 per order on the Black & 3 Suns Variant***
- NECA Reveals ‘Alien’ and ‘Predator Foam Replica Wall-Mounted Busts, Coming This November - August 9, 2018
- John Carpenter’s ‘The Thing’ Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray Set Announced by Scream Factory - August 9, 2018
- Immerse Yourself in the Occult with Three Blu-ray Clips from ‘Pyewacket’ - August 8, 2018
- Girls and Corpses Films Presents ‘Cynthia’ - August 8, 2018
- ‘Lake Placid: Legacy’ Splashes onto DVD and Digital on September 4th - August 7, 2018
- ‘Trick ’r Treat’ “Frightville Novelties” Halloween Decorations Coming This September from Fright Rags - August 7, 2018
- ‘The Nursery’ Coming to DVD on August 7 - August 6, 2018
- Photos of Prime 1 Studio’s New “Batman Who Laughs” Statue, Coming in 2020 from Sideshow Collectibles - August 6, 2018
- ‘It Lives Inside!’ Jeff Hall Unleashes a Book of Evil this August! - August 5, 2018
- Watch the New Trailer for ‘Slender Man’ - August 5, 2018