A 3-DISC (BLU-RAY, DVD & CD) LIMITED STEELBOOK™ EDITION OF DARIO ARGENTO’S HORROR CLASSIC! ONLY 3000 UNITS PRODUCED!
Italian terror master Dario Argento elevates the Giallo genre to new heights with 1982’s TENEBRAE, a darkly humorous, futuristic and notoriously grisly horror film many consider to be one of his finest works.
American mystery author Peter Neal (Anthony Franciosa) comes to Italy to promote his newest novel, TENEBRAE. Unfortunately, a razor-wielding serial killer is on the loose, taunting Neal and murdering those around him in gruesome fashion just like the character in his novel. As the mystery surrounding the killings spirals out of control, Neal investigates the crimes on his own, leading to a mind-bending, genre-twisting conclusion that will leave you breathless!
This all-new 1080p high-definition release of TENEBRAE is presented here, for the FIRST TIME EVER, with rare English insert shots never-before-seen on any optical disc release! Starring John Saxon (A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET), Daria Nicolodi (Dario Argento’s PHENOMENA) and John Steiner (CALIGULA), this slasher-horror classic also features an amazing music score from Claudio Simonetti, Fabio Pignatelli and Massimo Morante (formerly of Italian progressive-rock band, Goblin).
RAZOR-SHARP SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
– All-new Synapse Films supervised color correction and restoration of a 1080p scan from original uncut negative elements, presented in the original aspect ratio of 1.85:1
– Dual English and Italian language options with newly-translated English subtitle tracks for both
– Audio commentary track featuring film critic and Argento scholar, Maitland McDonagh
– Original international trailer
– Booklet containing liner notes by Derek Botelho, author of THE ARGENTO SYNDROME, with additional technical notes by Vincent Pereira and Don May, Jr.
– Chapter Selections
– Collectible Steelbook™ Packaging by Silver Ferox Design
SPECIAL FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO THE BLU-RAY DISC INCLUDE:
– Rare high-definition 1080p English sequence insert shots, playable within the film via seamless branching
– Feature-length in-depth documentary, YELLOW FEVER: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE GIALLO by High Rising Productions, chronicling the giallo film genre from its beginnings as early 20th century crime fiction, to its later influences on the modern slasher film genre. Featuring interviews with Dario Argento, Umberto Lenzi, Luigi Cozzi, Lamberto Bava, Richard Stanley, and more!
– Original UNSANE (U.S. version of TENEBRAE) end credits sequence
– Alternate opening credits sequence
– Japanese SHADOW theatrical trailer
INCLUDES A BONUS COMPACT DISC (19 Tracks) featuring an all-new 2015 remaster of the TENEBRAE motion picture soundtrack, containing additional tracks not included on the original 1982 album.
Video: High-Definition 1080p Widescreen (1.85:1) Presentation / AVC Codec
Audio: DTS-HD MA English 2.0 Mono / DTS-HD MA Italian 2.0 Mono
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1) Presentation / NTSC
Audio: Dolby Digital English 2.0 Mono / Dolby Digital Italian 2.0 Mono
ITEM #: SFD0159
SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE: $39.95
Synapse Films’ Steelbook™ release of Dario Argento’s TENEBRAE will be available exclusively from the Synapse Films website (www.synapse-films.com) with a projected street date of February 23, 2016. Currently available for pre-order at the Synapse website for $39.95, with $6 for shipping. Customers interested in TENEBRAE who are located outside of the U.S. and Canada can contactWWW.DIABOLIKDVD.COM for info on overseas ordering.
- April Journalstone Newsletter - April 12, 2017
- November JournalStone Newsletter - November 4, 2016
- Enter to Win Tickets to See ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ — Back in Theatres for Two Days Only! - October 25, 2016
- The Red Band Trailer for ‘The Autopsy of Jane Doe’ is Here in All Its NSFW Glory! - October 16, 2016
- Help Celebrate the Release of ‘Freaks Anon’ – Enter to Win a Signed Copy! - October 10, 2016
- Details On UK’s Horror Channel FrightFest Weekend’s 16-Film Marathon - October 8, 2016
- October JournalStone Newsletter - October 5, 2016
- Enter to Win a Copy of ‘The Devil’s Work’! - September 30, 2016
- Demon – Movie Review - September 6, 2016
- September JournalStone Newsletter - September 5, 2016