IFC announced today that horror-comedy series Stan Against Evil has been picked up for a third season slated to air in Fall 2018. Created by Dana Gould (The Simpsons, Parks and Recreation) and starring John C. McGinley (Scrubs) and Janet Varney (You’re the Worst), Stan Against Evil has grown its dedicated fan base since originally debuting in 2016, with The New York Times calling it a “gruesome, deadpan delight.” Season 2 concluded in November 2017 with Stan Miller (McGinley) and Sheriff Evie Barret (Varney) accidentally opening a portal into the past, allowing the 17th century demons to create new mayhem in their quaint town of Willard’s Mill.
Stan Against Evil follows Stan Miller, the perpetually disgruntled former sheriff of a small New England town, and Evie Barret, his younger, more spirited successor, and how the two are forced into an unlikely alliance upon realizing their sleepy little town is the subject of a 300-year-old demonic curse. Willard’s Mill, it turns out, was the sight of a massive 17th century witch burning and as such, Stan and Evie are forced into battle against demons, witches, haunted ponies, giant piglets, evil babies, you name it, all while trying to bridge their chasm-wide personal differences.
Stan Against Evil is created, written, and executive produced by Dana Gould, with Tom Lassally (Silicon Valley) also serving as executive producer. RadicalMedia (My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman, MARS) produces the series with Frank Scherma and Justin Wilkes executive producing. Star John C. McGinley also serves as a producer. Deborah Baker Jr. and Nate Mooney co-star.
For continued updates on Stan Against Evil, please check out:
Twitter: @IFC @StanAgainstEvil
- ‘Stan Against Evil’ Gets a Third Season! - January 13, 2018
- ‘Knock Knock’ Opens the Door to a Trailer - January 13, 2018
- This February, be Prepared to Enter the ‘House of Demons’ - January 12, 2018
- Myke Cole and Joseph Helmreich, Wednesday, January 17th at the KGB Bar - January 12, 2018
- This Trailer Will Get You a Little ‘Psychotic!’ - January 11, 2018
- BHS Press to Publish Gary Morgenstein’s Provocative New Novel ‘A Mound Over Hell’ - January 11, 2018
- The ‘Hellraiser: Judgement’ Trailer Will Give You Chills (And Thrills!) - January 10, 2018
- Scream Factory’s ‘Drag Me To Hell’ Collector’s Edition Looks Amazing! - January 10, 2018
- Details on the LA Premiere of ‘Bonehill Road’ - January 9, 2018
- You NEED to Check Out This ‘Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein: The 200th Anniversary Edition’ - January 8, 2018