Death Dreamer, the debut graphic novel from writer Scott Ian Lewis, is celebrating a fully funded IndieGoGo campaign, raising over $30,000 for the first volume. Now the singer for the leading death metal band, Carnifex is ready to take San Diego Comic-Con by storm with multiple signings and a live concert appearance.
“I’m incredibly excited to see Death Dreamer realized and published for the first time,” remarked author Scott Ian Lewis. “I want to thank all of those who backed this project personally, it’s something I’ve put my whole self into and I’m ready for this story to be experienced.”
Saturday, July 14, Grill ‘Em All will host the Death Dreamer Book Launch Party presented by Blackcraft. Scott Ian Lewis will sign copies of Death Dreamer Volume 1 from 12 PM on. Specialty drinks and a custom vegan menu will be available for fans and backers wanting to be the first to get their hands on the new book. This is a free event.
Thursday, July 19, the Nuclear Blast Comic-Con After Party heads to the House of Blues, featuring legendary metal titans Testament and Lewis’ band Carnifex. Scott Ian Lewis will be signing following Carnifex’s set for fans attending the show. Tickets are available for $35.
Friday, July 20, Scott Ian Lewis heads to the show floor of Comic-Con International to sign copies of Death Dreamer at War Machine Marketing, Booth #1415, from 3PM-4PM.
Saturday, July 21, Lewis returns to the exhibit hall for his final signing with his record label Nuclear Blast America, Booth #501, from 3PM-4PM.
Edited and designed by Nightowl Studios, Death Dreamer is illustrated by Chris DiBari (Hoax Hunters, Magdalena) with colors by Simon Gough (G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes, Ringside), lettering by Taylor Esposito (Red Hood & The Outlaws, Babyteeth), and cover by Chris Shehan (Prometheus, Deadbeat). Death Dreamer mixes elements of murder, mystery, and noir inspired largely by Lewis’ work as a funeral director in a mortuary.
The Death Dreamer crowdfunding campaign began June 11th and saw overwhelming fan support leading to a successful funding just over two weeks. The campaign for Death Dreamer will continue to run through July 18.
To show support for Scott Ian Lewis’ Death Dreamer, visit IndieGoGo.
About Scott Ian Lewis:
Equal parts tortured writer and passionate musician, Scott Ian Lewis is a founding member of the American death metal band, Carnifex. With six full-length studio albums, 200,000 worldwide album sales and 13 years of endless touring filled with blood, sweat, and tears, Lewis has seen the world and the horrors within it. Death Dreamer is his first graphic novel. Born and raised in Southern California, Lewis continues to live and die there with his wife.
- NECA Reveals ‘Alien’ and ‘Predator Foam Replica Wall-Mounted Busts, Coming This November - August 9, 2018
- John Carpenter’s ‘The Thing’ Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray Set Announced by Scream Factory - August 9, 2018
- Immerse Yourself in the Occult with Three Blu-ray Clips from ‘Pyewacket’ - August 8, 2018
- Girls and Corpses Films Presents ‘Cynthia’ - August 8, 2018
- ‘Lake Placid: Legacy’ Splashes onto DVD and Digital on September 4th - August 7, 2018
- ‘Trick ’r Treat’ “Frightville Novelties” Halloween Decorations Coming This September from Fright Rags - August 7, 2018
- ‘The Nursery’ Coming to DVD on August 7 - August 6, 2018
- Photos of Prime 1 Studio’s New “Batman Who Laughs” Statue, Coming in 2020 from Sideshow Collectibles - August 6, 2018
- ‘It Lives Inside!’ Jeff Hall Unleashes a Book of Evil this August! - August 5, 2018
- Watch the New Trailer for ‘Slender Man’ - August 5, 2018