Pulse-Pounding New Escape Room Joins the Notorious
Immersive ‘Basement’ and the Nearby Return of the Zombie Den
PITTSBURGH – August 13, 2019 – This Halloween season, the creators of the legendary haunted attraction ScareHouse will unveil a brand-new concept for Halloween thrill-seekers in Pittsburgh: THE SCREAM DISTRICT, a single venue in the iconic Strip District that offers two distinct experiences: the immersive intensity of The Basement, plus a thrilling new escape room, Stalked by a Killer.
THE SCREAM DISTRICT will open this fall, with two separate attractions that can be experienced separately or during a single visit to THE SCREAM DISTRICT:
- The Basement – The unique, intimate horror experience invites the brave to venture through alone or with a friend to step into a realm that will haunt their dreams and fuel their nightmares. For 2019, The Basement features more extensive and detailed sets that will immerse the most stalwart of guests into a horrifying space soaked in fear. This year, a dread-filled descent into The Basement promises to be more frightening – and more personal – than ever. The Basement is open to guests 18 and older, and a waiver must be signed for entry.
- Stalked by a Killer – The clock is ticking, the room is filling with poisonous gas, and you have just one hour to escape with your lives. Armed only with your wits, you and your friends must solve a series of fiendish puzzles from the mind of a deranged maniac. It’s your chance to become the star of your very own horror movie! Stalked by a Killer is recommended for ages 12 and older, and guests under the age of 16 will require adult supervision.
Both experiences are housed at THE SCREAM DISTRICT in Pittsburgh’s Strip District, and will operate on selected nights through early November, offering Pittsburgh a new and unique Halloween-time attraction. (The exact opening date of THE SCREAM DISTRICT will be revealed soon.)
Nearby, at Pittsburgh’s Market Square, ScareHouse and The Original Oyster House will again team up to present ZOMBIE DEN, the immersive pop-up bar inspired by Pittsburgh’s living dead legacy that proved massively popular when it was introduced last season. Also operating selected nights, the ZOMBIE DEN will open at The Original Oyster House on Sept. 24.
Inside ZOMBIE DEN, the living and the undead gather inside a “safe house” at Ground Zero of a global zombie outbreak. Inspired by the gritty reality of 1968’s Night of the Living Dead, ZOMBIE DEN turns The Original Oyster House into a can’t-miss Halloween experience for horror fans.
Both THE SCARE DISTRICT and ZOMBIE DEN bring a new level of excitement to Halloween in Pittsburgh, even while the original, acclaimed ScareHouse undergoes a complete revamp that will see it reopen in 2020 at a brand-new location.
Filmmaker and actor Elijah Wood, appearing on Late Night With Seth Meyers, said of THE BASEMENT. “It was really scary and really intense.”
“I prayed for it to be over, yet didn’t want it to end.” The Pittsburgh Tribune Review wrote about THE BASEMENT, calling it an “experience that’s worth every penny.”
That’s precisely what ScareHouse aims to offer in THE SCREAM DISTRICT says creative director Scott Simmons. “We want to bring something entirely new to Halloween fans this year, experiences that draw them into frightfully fun worlds that envelop them in ways that go far beyond a traditional ‘haunt.’ For loyal fans of ScareHouse and guests who are excited to do something different at Halloween, a visit to The Scare District is an evening they won’t forget.”
Tickets to The Basement start at $43 for a double ticket (admission for two people) and $32 for single admission. Tickets for the Stalked by a Killer escape room start at $27. Tickets for both attractions, and additional information about THE SCREAM DISTRICT from ScareHouse, will be available shortly at .
- ScareHouse Announces The Scream District - August 13, 2019
- VILLAINS, Starring Bill Skarsgård and Maika Monroe, Gets September 20th Release Date - August 12, 2019
- DARLIN’ is Coming to Blu-ray and DVD on September 3rd - August 12, 2019
- Halloween Horror Nights Announces GRAVEYARD GAMES for Universal Orlando Resort - August 9, 2019
- Tales from the Crust: An Anthology of Pizza Horror – Available August 27th, 2019 - August 9, 2019
- Check Out the New Trailer and Poster for HELLMINGTON, Starring Michael Ironside - August 8, 2019
- Watch the Official Trailer for ARTIK - August 8, 2019
- Enter the Carnival of Doom in Teaser Trailer for Nickelodeon’s New ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK? Limited Series - August 7, 2019
- Family Man Has a Serial Killer Side in Official Trailer for BLOODLINE, Starring Seann William Scott - August 7, 2019
- Ravensburger’s New Board Game HORRIFIED: UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Pits Players Against Classic Cinematic Characters - August 5, 2019