Press Release: Salem, MA – Salem Horror Fest has announced its 2019 call for entries that will now include feature length films to be considered for big screen premieres in the Halloween capital of the world – Salem, Massachusetts.
After receiving 667 short horror film submissions from 64 countries in 2018, The Orlok Audience Award was presented to director Kevin T. Landry for Sang Papier (Night Crosser), in which a strange Romanian trying to enter Canada is confronted by an overzealous customs officer and his curiously cooperative colleague.
Salem Horror Fest has quickly become one of the biggest horror fan experiences in the world as 500,000 people descend upon the small Massachusetts city in the month of October alone. Last year, the festival hosted Cassandra Peterson for the 30th anniversary celebration of Elvira, Mistress of the Dark with premiers of the Blumhouse revival of Halloween, Sony’s Goosebumps 2, and horror docs Wolfman’s Got Nards and Scary Stories.
Salem Horror Fest will return on October 3rd and run through October 14th, 2019. For more information please visit salemhorror.com.
- Salem Horror Fest 2019 Announces Call for Entries for Feature-Length Movies and Short Films! - January 14, 2019
- Scream Factory Reveals Full Blu-ray Release Details for ‘The Return of the Vampire’ (1943), Starring Bela Lugosi - January 14, 2019
- Kino Lorber to Release Blu-ray of ‘Kingdom of the Spiders’ (1977) from Code Red - January 13, 2019
- Death is Relived Over and Over Again in Trailer for First Season of Netflix’s ‘Russian Doll,’ Starring Natasha Lyonne - January 13, 2019
- Terror Films Sets Release Date for 80’s Horror Homage Feature ‘Close Calls’ (Jan. 11th)! - January 11, 2019
- Netflix Reveals Official Trailer for Dan Gilroy’s ‘Velvet Buzzsaw’ - January 10, 2019
- Mezco Toyz to Unleash the Ancient Evil of Derry with New Pennywise “Burst-A-Box” - January 10, 2019
- Amok Time to Release New “The Crate” ‘Creepshow’ Monstarz Action Figure This May - January 10, 2019
- ‘The Manitou’ (1978) Coming to Blu-ray on April 16th from Scream Factory - January 9, 2019
- “Blair Witch Project on Acid” – ‘Wretch’ Comes to Digital & OnDemand January 29 - January 9, 2019