RLJ Entertainment (NASDAQ: RLJE) has acquired all North American rights to the highly anticipated action/science fiction film THE OSIRIS CHILD. Directed by Shane Abbess (Infini, Gabriel), who also co-wrote the film with Brian Cachia (Infini), the film stars Kellan Lutz (Twilight Franchise), Daniel MacPherson (The Shannara Chronicles, “APB”), Isabel Lucas (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Knight of Cups), Temuera Morrison (“Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith”), with Rachel Griffiths (Hacksaw Ridge, “Six Feet Under”) and Teagan Croft, making her feature film debut.
RLJE plans to release THE OSIRIS CHILD in theaters and On Demand in Fall 2017. Mark Ward, RLJE’s Chief Acquisitions Officer, made the announcement today.
“We’re excited to be releasing this action-filled, science fiction film,” said Ward. “Writer/director Shane Abbess is a true visual talent who cleverly applies his knowledge of filmmaking to bring a futuristic action-packed, adventure-filled story to the big screen.”
THE OSIRIS CHILD is set in a time of interplanetary colonization. Sy Lombrok (Kellan Lutz), a drifter with a haunted past, forms an unlikely alliance with Kane Sommerville (Daniel MacPherson), a lieutenant who works for off-world military contractor Exor. In a race against time, they set out to rescue Kane’s young daughter Indi (Teagan Croft) amid an impending global crisis created by Exor.
“We wanted to bring back a type of movie that seemed all but extinct – the old school sci-fi action/adventure from the 80’s with monsters, prison planets, sky battles and a host of fun, colorful characters. It’s a big universe with a huge story arc and we’re ecstatic to introduce it to the world with this first installment,’” said Abbess.
THE OSIRIS CHILD is produced by Matthew Graham, Brett Thornquest, Sidonie Abbene and Abbess via their Storm Alley and Eclectik Vision banners, in association with Phonetic Images and executive produced by Steven Matusko. The producing team previously collaborated on Infini and Terminus and most recently the upcoming thriller Better Watch Out.
RLJ Entertainment’s Ward and Jess De Leo negotiated the deal with XYZ Film’s Co-Founder Nate Bolotin on behalf of the filmmakers.
- ‘Trick ‘r Treat’ Original Soundtrack – Deluxe 2LP Set Out on Waxwork - October 17, 2017
- MagicDetective.com Launches With New Hardboiled Magic Story Every Month - October 17, 2017
- Things Are Getting ‘Hostile’ in This Trailer! - October 16, 2017
- From Spock to Hitler! - October 16, 2017
- Scully Returns to ‘The X-Files’ in the New Trailer! - October 15, 2017
- Spine-Chilling Thriller ‘B&B’ Announces Release Dates in the UK, US, and Canada - October 15, 2017
- Soon You Can Get ‘The Twilight Zone Encyclopedia!’ - October 14, 2017
- This Halloween You Can Join the ‘Apocalypse Cult’ - October 14, 2017
- Don’t Be ‘Miscast’ This Halloween! - October 13, 2017
- Check Out the First Teaser for ‘Castle Rock!’ - October 13, 2017