RLJ Entertainment (NASDAQ: RLJE) has acquired all North American rights to the highly anticipated action/science fiction film THE OSIRIS CHILD. Directed by Shane Abbess (Infini, Gabriel), who also co-wrote the film with Brian Cachia (Infini), the film stars Kellan Lutz (Twilight Franchise), Daniel MacPherson (The Shannara Chronicles, “APB”), Isabel Lucas (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Knight of Cups), Temuera Morrison (“Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith”), with Rachel Griffiths (Hacksaw Ridge, “Six Feet Under”) and Teagan Croft, making her feature film debut.
RLJE plans to release THE OSIRIS CHILD in theaters and On Demand in Fall 2017. Mark Ward, RLJE’s Chief Acquisitions Officer, made the announcement today.
“We’re excited to be releasing this action-filled, science fiction film,” said Ward. “Writer/director Shane Abbess is a true visual talent who cleverly applies his knowledge of filmmaking to bring a futuristic action-packed, adventure-filled story to the big screen.”
THE OSIRIS CHILD is set in a time of interplanetary colonization. Sy Lombrok (Kellan Lutz), a drifter with a haunted past, forms an unlikely alliance with Kane Sommerville (Daniel MacPherson), a lieutenant who works for off-world military contractor Exor. In a race against time, they set out to rescue Kane’s young daughter Indi (Teagan Croft) amid an impending global crisis created by Exor.
“We wanted to bring back a type of movie that seemed all but extinct – the old school sci-fi action/adventure from the 80’s with monsters, prison planets, sky battles and a host of fun, colorful characters. It’s a big universe with a huge story arc and we’re ecstatic to introduce it to the world with this first installment,’” said Abbess.
THE OSIRIS CHILD is produced by Matthew Graham, Brett Thornquest, Sidonie Abbene and Abbess via their Storm Alley and Eclectik Vision banners, in association with Phonetic Images and executive produced by Steven Matusko. The producing team previously collaborated on Infini and Terminus and most recently the upcoming thriller Better Watch Out.
RLJ Entertainment’s Ward and Jess De Leo negotiated the deal with XYZ Film’s Co-Founder Nate Bolotin on behalf of the filmmakers.
- N.K. Jemisin and Christopher Brown, Wednesday, December 20th at the KGB Bar - December 17, 2017
- Mezco Introduces The Living Dead Dolls Resurrection Series! - December 16, 2017
- ‘Witchblade’ Issue #1 Re-Release and #2 Release Details! - December 16, 2017
- Scream Factory Just Wants to Say ‘I Remember You’ This March! - December 15, 2017
- You Can Take ‘Jigsaw’ Home in January! - December 15, 2017
- Special Return Engagement of Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Begins Friday - December 14, 2017
- Vault Comics Announces Title Change to ‘Cult Classic Series!’ - December 14, 2017
- The Third Trailer is Out for ‘Bright’ - December 13, 2017
- Enjoy Some ‘SNL’-Inspired Gift Wrapping! - December 13, 2017
- We Know You Want to Find Out When ‘Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween 2′ Blu-ray’ is Coming Out! - December 12, 2017