The independent survivalist-thriller Mountain Fever will receive its world premiere at Horror Channel’s Frightfest film festival in London, UK on Saturday 26th August. In anticipation of the premiere screening, a new teaser and poster have been released.
Mountain Fever is an ice-cold thriller about a hapless Englishman who, hostage in his own home, is forced to team up with his captor to fight off the survivors of a fatal pandemic.
Set during an unforgiving Alpine winter, featuring a sledgehammer-wielding villain and an ass-kicking female lead, Mountain Fever promises genre fans bone-shattering new chills.
A fatal flu pandemic has plunged Europe into chaos. City boy Jack takes refuge in the Alps, but he’s ill-equipped to survive the harsh winter. Things only get worse when renegade Kara breaks into his house and commandeers his dwindling food supplies.
His inept plan to get rid of her disintegrates when outsiders invade, turning the hostile Kara into his only ally.
Little does he know that Kara is the source of all the trouble and that the weather-hardened locals will do anything to get to her. Stuck in the middle of a bitter siege, Jack must choose a side if he hopes to survive.
The film is the feature debut of director Hendrik Faller, an independent filmmaker working in London looking to bring this unique British-led alpine thriller to international audiences.
“I wanted to explore human nature in extreme circumstances. What are we capable of when life becomes a pure act of survival?” Hendrik Faller says is the question driving his movie. “Mountain Fever is a nail-biting survivalist thriller that pits its characters against each other as their situation devolves into maximum desperation. I think genre fans are going to love the cat and mouse game that ensues.” There’s also literally a cat, Hendrik Faller points out. “We have a one-eyed kazak cat who plays a fantastic little role, we even have a horse… But the most surprising character is Kara. She’s this mysterious, gas-mask-wearing stranger who pistol-whips her way through the men in our film. She’s a real dark horse, twisting our snow-heaped tale in ways the audience just cannot predict. It’s a really wild journey and I believe our viewers are going to be on the edge of their seats from start to finish!”
- Stoker Con 2018 Librarians’ Day Schedule is LIVE!!! Pass it on! - January 15, 2018
- Get Ready for the Graphic Novel of ‘Ghostbusters 101: Everyone Answers’ - January 15, 2018
- ‘TheNightfall’ – Enthralling First-Person Horror Experience Now Available on Steam! - January 14, 2018
- Will You Check Out That Sound in ‘The Basement?’ - January 14, 2018
- ‘Stan Against Evil’ Gets a Third Season! - January 13, 2018
- ‘Knock Knock’ Opens the Door to a Trailer - January 13, 2018
- This February, be Prepared to Enter the ‘House of Demons’ - January 12, 2018
- Myke Cole and Joseph Helmreich, Wednesday, January 17th at the KGB Bar - January 12, 2018
- This Trailer Will Get You a Little ‘Psychotic!’ - January 11, 2018
- BHS Press to Publish Gary Morgenstein’s Provocative New Novel ‘A Mound Over Hell’ - January 11, 2018