Director’s Cut of Other Halves Now Available on DVD
Other Halves, the horror film about a killer dating app, is now out on DVD in uncensored form, as intended by the filmmakers.
“We’re very excited to have our original vision available for everyone to see,” says co-writer/director Matthew T. Price. “We were disappointed that the film had to be altered for Amazon Prime. Now audiences can watch the movie we set out to create.”
The Other Halves DVD is available on Amazon and Create Space. The DVD is also available on Kunaki for a special discounted price.
In addition to DVD, Other Halves is invading laptops, cell phones, and internet-connected TVs around the world. Tech-savvy horror fans can stream it now on iTunes, Vudu, Google Play, and Amazon Prime.
Other Halves stars Lauren Lakis (Rows, Dr Ken) and Mercedes Manning (Strictly Sexual, Zipper) as programmers who develop a revolutionary new dating app. On the night it’s set to lunch, they discover a bug: the app unleashes the user’s ID. They consider shutting the app down, but…
Evil is profitable.
After a successful circuit of horror festivals, including Other Worlds Austin, and Another Hole in the Head, and ZedFest (where it won Best Micro-Budget Feature) Other Halves will now be terrifying general audiences.
Shot on location at a real tech startup, the filmmakers sought authenticity in their depiction of coders in San Francisco. The writers, Matthew T. Price and Kelly Morr, consulted with actual programmers to ensure the dialogue was as realistic as possible.
They also chose to focus on a team of women creating an app, a field that is traditionally dominated by men. The tech industry has been making a conscious effort to foster gender equality, and the creators of Other Halves wanted to reflect that.
The Austin Chronicle calls it “part giallo, part techno-horror, part Cronenberg-style Jekyll and Hyde riff, part acerbic sex comedy, and a wry commentary about the addictive nature of technology.” Shock Till You Drop says it’s “a satirical and techno-savvy film laced with more than just a drizzle of Sci-Fi.” And Dread Central says, “Sure, you don’t even have to leave your house anymore, but that doesn’t mean you’re not still taking your life in your hands when dealing with strangers. Case in point: Other Halves.”
Other Halves, from One Oh One Radio Pictures, is the feature film debut for writer/director Matthew T. Price, and writer/producer Kelly Morr. The film is also produced by Curt Chatham, and features Lianna Liew (Truth Or Dare), Sam Schweikert (Hart of Dixie), and Melanie Friedrich (Positive: Some Doors Should Remain Closed). Megan Hui (The Gambler), and Carson Nicely (The Conan O’Brien Show).
You can follow the production on their website, www.OtherHalv.es or on IMDB, as well as on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter (@OtherHalvesFilm), and Instagram (@OtherHalvesFilm).
- N.K. Jemisin and Christopher Brown, Wednesday, December 20th at the KGB Bar - December 17, 2017
- Mezco Introduces The Living Dead Dolls Resurrection Series! - December 16, 2017
- ‘Witchblade’ Issue #1 Re-Release and #2 Release Details! - December 16, 2017
- Scream Factory Just Wants to Say ‘I Remember You’ This March! - December 15, 2017
- You Can Take ‘Jigsaw’ Home in January! - December 15, 2017
- Special Return Engagement of Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Begins Friday - December 14, 2017
- Vault Comics Announces Title Change to ‘Cult Classic Series!’ - December 14, 2017
- The Third Trailer is Out for ‘Bright’ - December 13, 2017
- Enjoy Some ‘SNL’-Inspired Gift Wrapping! - December 13, 2017
- We Know You Want to Find Out When ‘Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween 2′ Blu-ray’ is Coming Out! - December 12, 2017