Los Angeles, CA – Principal production has begun on the horror thriller, Trick. The Patrick Lussier-helmed feature is now shooting with Omar Epps stepping into the main role of Detective Mike Denver, a man obsessed with a killer that has eluded him.
Epps has starred in over 20 films in a career spanning two decades. Most recently, he starred on USA Network’s Shooter and 2018’s hit film Traffik alongside Paula Patton.
Trick also stars Ellen Adair (Showtime’s Homeland and Billions, and USA’s The Sinner) as Sheriff Lisa Jayne, the sheriff in the small town of Benton who has always considered Detective Denver as her mentor. Cheryl Winston, the only survivor of the latest round of killings in her small town, will be played by Kristina Reyes (Blindspot, Shades of Blue). Talbott is played by frequent George A. Romero collaborator Tom Atkins and Jamie Kennedy (Scream 1-3, Malibu’s Most Wanted, Romeo + Juliet) will play Dr. Steven. Principal photography for the film is taking place in New York.
Producer Ellen Wander (Misconduct, Spinning Man, Misconduct, Marshall) stated, “We are thrilled to get into production with Omar and Patrick and can’t wait to have this film be seen by audiences everywhere.”
The story centers on an elusive serial killer who descends upon a small town annually. He is responsible for gruesome murders year after year, each seemingly unrelated. No one believes this could be the same killer. Detective Denver has faced Trick once before, having shot and killed him. Or so everyone keeps telling him. However, Denver knows Trick is still out there, and he’s coming back for revenge.
Lussier’s lengthy list of horror credentials began while working alongside Wes Craven in some of the genre’s biggest hits including the ground-breaking Scream franchise, Red Eye, New Nightmare, and Vampire in Brooklyn. Lussier directed and co-wrote My Bloody Valentine, Drive Angry, and was a writer and producer on Terminator Genisys.
Writer Todd Farmer has a long history in the horror genre including Jason X and The Messengers, and has worked previously alongside Lussier co-writing My Bloody Valentine and Drive Angry.
Film Bridge International will handle worldwide sales for the film. In addition, Film Bridge International has partnered with Chimney’s Fredrik Zander to handle post-production.
Omar Epps is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content. Patrick Lussier is repped by Paradigm Talent Agency.
- Omar Epps Takes on Patrick Lussier’s ‘Trick’ - March 21, 2019
- Full Release Details for Scream Factory’s ‘The Brain’ Blu-ray Include Three New Audio Commentaries - March 21, 2019
- Warner Bros. and Legendary Announce the Start of Filming for New Adaptation of Frank Herbert’s ‘Dune’ - March 20, 2019
- Follow the First Daughter’s Post-Punk Exploits in ‘Marilyn Manor’ - March 20, 2019
- Full Release Details for Scream Factory’s ‘Tarantula’ (1955) Blu-ray - March 19, 2019
- Sequel to The Acclaimed Graphic Novel ‘Mr. Higgins Comes Home’ - March 19, 2019
- Patrick Brice to Direct Netflix’s Adaptation of Stephanie Perkins’ ‘There’s Someone Inside Your House’ - March 18, 2019
- An Exploitation Easter with Severin Films - March 18, 2019
- Supernatural Horror ‘Flay’ Premieres On Demand this April - March 15, 2019
- Travel Channel Revives ‘Ghost Bait’ – Premiering Thursday, April 4 at 10pm ET/PT - March 15, 2019