This magnificent companion to The Art of Horror, from the same creative team behind that award-winning illustrated volume, looks at the entire history of the horror film, from the silent era right up to the latest releases and trends. Through a series of informative chapters and fascinating sidebars chronologically charting the evolution of horror movies for more than a century, profusely illustrated throughout with over 600 rare and unique images including posters, lobby cards, advertising, promotional items, tie-in books and magazines, and original artwork inspired by classic movies, this handsomely designed hardcover traces the development of the horror film from its inception, and celebrates the actors, filmmakers, and artists who were responsible for scaring the pants off successive generations of moviegoers!
Edited by multiple award-winning writer and editor Stephen Jones, and boasting a foreword by director and screenwriter John Landis (An American Werewolf in London), this volume brings together fascinating and incisive commentary from some of the genre’s most highly respected experts. With eye-popping images from all over the world, The Art of Horror Movies is the definitive guide for anyone who loves horror films and movie fans of all ages.
- Will You Check Out That Sound in ‘The Basement?’ - January 14, 2018
- ‘Stan Against Evil’ Gets a Third Season! - January 13, 2018
- ‘Knock Knock’ Opens the Door to a Trailer - January 13, 2018
- This February, be Prepared to Enter the ‘House of Demons’ - January 12, 2018
- Myke Cole and Joseph Helmreich, Wednesday, January 17th at the KGB Bar - January 12, 2018
- This Trailer Will Get You a Little ‘Psychotic!’ - January 11, 2018
- BHS Press to Publish Gary Morgenstein’s Provocative New Novel ‘A Mound Over Hell’ - January 11, 2018
- The ‘Hellraiser: Judgement’ Trailer Will Give You Chills (And Thrills!) - January 10, 2018
- Scream Factory’s ‘Drag Me To Hell’ Collector’s Edition Looks Amazing! - January 10, 2018
- Details on the LA Premiere of ‘Bonehill Road’ - January 9, 2018