From the Press Release: EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Nov. 19, 2018 — Following the dramatic finale of Season 2 of Mr. Mercedes, AT&T AUDIENCE Network has picked up this critically acclaimed drama for a 3rd season. Production for the 10 one-hour episodes is scheduled to begin in early 2019 in Charleston, South Carolina with the premiere launching later in the year.
The series is produced by Sonar Entertainment.
Returning for the 3rd season will be David E. Kelley (Big Little Lies, Ally McBeal) to oversee the writer’s room and Jack Bender (Lost, Under the Dome) to direct. In addition to King, Kelley and Bender, Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey of Temple Hill Entertainment, Tom Lesinski and Jenna Santoianni of Sonar Entertainment, and Shane Elrod and Kate Regan of AT&T AUDIENCE Network will continue to serve as executive producers.
“Stephen King breaking story, Brendan Gleeson heading the cast, Jack Bender leading the charge…I’m excited,” said Kelley.
“I am extremely proud of our show,” said Bender, “and I couldn’t be more excited to continue unraveling this story with Stephen King, David E. Kelley, and our superlative cast led by Brendan Gleeson.”
“Mr. Mercedes has resonated with such a wide audience, so we’re thrilled to bring it back for a third season for our customers,” said Daniel York, senior executive vice president and chief content officer for AT&T. “David E. Kelley, Jack Bender, and Sonar have crafted a series that honors the original work by Stephen King and we can’t wait to see where they take the show in a ‘post-Mr. Mercedes world.'”
“AT&T AUDIENCE Network has been a great partner and we are delighted to continue this journey with them,” said Tom Lesinski, CEO, Sonar Entertainment. “We look forward to the new story lines the outstanding creative team will be developing.”
The 2nd season of Mr. Mercedes took place a year after Brady Hartsfield’s thwarted attempt to perpetrate a second mass murder in the community of Bridgton, Ohio. Since the incident, Hartsfield had been hospitalized in a vegetative state. Retired Detective Bill Hodges did his best to move on from his Brady obsession, teaming up with Holly Gibney to open Finders Keepers, a private investigative agency. But when unexplainable occurrences began to affect hospital staff members attending to Brady, Hodges is haunted by the feeling that Brady was somehow responsible.
Stephen King describes Mr. Mercedes as his first hard-boiled detective tale. The novel was published by Scribner in June 2014 and became an immediate No. 1 New York Times Bestseller upon its release. Shortly after the release of the novel, King announced that Mr. Mercedes was the first of a projected trilogy. The second novel, Finders Keepers, was published by Scribner in June 2015, and the third novel, End of Watch, was published by Scribner in June 2016.
Mr. Mercedes Seasons 1 and 2 episodes are available OnDemand on all DIRECTV platforms. AT&T AUDIENCE Network is available on DIRECTV Ch. 239 and via live streaming on the DIRECTV app and DIRECTV NOW, and WatchTV.
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Renewed for Season 3 by AT&T AUDIENCE Network - November 23, 2018
- Acclaimed Grim Fairy Tale ‘Snowflake’ Falls on Blu-ray and VOD December 4th - November 20, 2018
- New Trailer and Poster for ‘Lifechanger’ Coming January 1, 2019! - November 20, 2018
- ‘Leprechaun Returns’ Trailer Revealed by Entertainment Weekly Ahead of the Movie’s December 11th Digital and On Demand Release - November 19, 2018
- ‘Monster Party’ is Coming to Blu-ray and DVD on December 18th - November 19, 2018
- NECA Unveils Packaging for Ultimate Michael Myers ‘Halloween’ (2018) Figure - November 16, 2018
- Dark Horse Announces Hellboy Day 2019 - November 16, 2018
- ‘Between Worlds’ Coming to Theaters and On Demand This December - November 15, 2018
- ‘The Satanic Rites of Dracula’ (1973) New 2018 1080p HD Master - November 15, 2018
- ‘Mandy’ is Coming to Shudder on November 29th - November 14, 2018