Hi All – we have one new title and one distributed title this week! Brand new on Death Waltz is the score to Southbound, last year’s terrifying anthology movie that was a big festival hit. If you haven’t seen it, you can check it out on Netflix & Shudder.
Our distributed title this week comes from Death Waltz Originals’ artist Wojciech Golczewski, this time with an album titled End of Transmission on Data Airlines.
As always, new releases go on sale on Wednesdays at NOON (CST).
Southbound – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. One-off pressing of 500. Pressed on 180 Gram vinyl housed inside a 425gsm gatefold sleeve with obi strip. Artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin. $25.
Death Waltz Recording Company is proud to take you down the oft-trodden path of horror on the highway with the score to the terrifying 2016 anthology Southbound, as composed by The Gifted (aka Louis Castle and James Bairian). The film is a fresh take on the classic portmanteau horror film featuring several chilling short stories; one features mysterious creatures (“The Way In”/”The Way Out”), another tells of a nightmarish encounter with a strange couple (“Siren”), while ‘The Accident” is set in an abandoned medical facility, and a “Jailbreak” concerns a heroic rescue that is certainly not what it seems. Each scary segment pulls together to create a diabolical trip through purgatory.
Unto this, The Gifted bring a variety of styles, beginning with a familiar thick and bristly synth over a high keyboard line to create the main title theme. There’s a haunting, echoing organ melody that chills the bones as part of “Siren”, the thumping heartbeat that roams “The Accident”, and the jagged and biting edges of “The Way Out”. “Jailbreak” hosts some incredibly oppressive and foreboding licks, while “The Way In” drives forward with a seriously fresh John Carpenter melody, finishing with the greatest ’80s throwback tune this side of Power Glove. It’s immediate, fresh and full of analog dread. For a musical experience like this, you only need to do one thing: Head Southbound.
- Blog Tour: Sam Mortimer’s ‘Screams The Machine’ Release – “Boons and Battles of Research” - August 18, 2017
- Blog Tour: ‘The Calling’ – “It’s Better in the Dark, Isn’t It?” - July 28, 2017
- Mondo Is Releasing A ‘Southbound’ Soundtrack This Week! - January 31, 2017
- Want To Win A Signed Copy Of ‘Me and My Mates vs. the Zombie Apocalypse? - June 29, 2016
- The Creator of HELLBOY, The Co-Creator of i,ZOMBIE and Acclaimed Horror Artist Christopher Mitten Unleash a Terrifying Meditation on The Nature of Evil - June 25, 2016
- Book Of Demons Is Coming To Steam This August! - June 24, 2016
- ‘Trollhunters’ Adds Kelsey Grammer and Ron Perlman: - June 23, 2016
- August Is Bringing Miami The 2nd Annual Popcorn Frights Film Festival! - June 23, 2016
- Steam Early Access Gets A Little More ‘Lifeless’ - June 22, 2016
- Elvira Is Hosting 2016’s ScareLA - June 22, 2016