Evil Dead 2 x Phantom Halls update, featuring brand new Evil Dead 2-themed missions, enemies, traps, and environments, will launch for free for the Steam Early Access title on Monday 18 September.
1 SEPTEMBER 2017 — Incendium Games is delighted to announce that its Early Access haunted house game, Phantom Halls, will receive a huge update later this month capitalising on its Evil Dead 2 license.
The update, named Evil Dead 2 x Phantom Halls, brings an entire new mission set to the game – with environments, enemies and traps from the ’80s classic movie. It will take the form of a free update to Phantom Halls and will release via Steam on Monday 18 September.
Phantom Halls is a procedurally generated haunted house game. A group of teenagers enters a haunted mansion and fights to stay alive. Players control up to three characters at once, each with their own attacks and special abilities, as they attempt to survive and escape the Phantom Halls.
The Evil Dead 2 x Phantom Halls update will add a range of Evil Dead 2-themed quests, which will be accessible by selecting Ash as your playable character in the character select menu. These quests come complete with new enemy types and trap encounters, including Deadites, evil tree spirits, an angry Necronomicon, and more.
New environments and locations from Evil Dead 2 expand the grounds of the Phantom Halls mansion, including the infamous Evil Dead cabin, which has been meticulously recreated in the game’s trademark papercraft style. New gameplay mechanics include mini-boss battles – face off against the freakish Gooseneck and battle your way to an upgraded Evil Ash showdown!
An array of concepts and work-in-progress assets are now available to the media, with in-game screenshots and video to follow.
Phantom Halls is available via Steam Early Access for £6.66. The game, including the Evil Dead 2 x Phantom Halls update, will be playable at EGX in Birmingham, UK, from 21 to 24 September.
- In January You Might Take a Visit to the ‘Opera!’ - November 19, 2017
- This December Prepare for ‘Leatherface!’ - November 19, 2017
- Dark Horse, Santa Monica Studio, and Sony Interactive Entertainment Join Forces - November 18, 2017
- ‘The Exorcist: Legion VR’ Comes to Oculus Rift and HTC Vive on November 22nd - November 18, 2017
- The Popcorn Frights Film Festival 2018 Wants Your Film Submissions! - November 17, 2017
- Get Ready for Some ‘Mayhem’ this December! - November 17, 2017
- You’ll Get a ‘Friend Request’ This December and January! - November 16, 2017
- Hello, Clarice – ‘The Silence of the Lambs’ is Getting a Criterion Collection Release! - November 16, 2017
- Outstanding Fantasy Short Film ‘The Black Cat’ is Now Available on Youtube! - November 15, 2017
- Dark Horse Comics Previews ‘Rasputin: The Voice of the Dragon’ - November 15, 2017