Movie lovers will journey into Jim Henson’s magical Labyrinth this spring when the 1986 fantasy-adventure returns to the big screen for three days only as a nationwide fan celebration from Fathom Events, The Jim Henson Company, and Sony Pictures Entertainment. Audiences are encouraged to attend the screenings in costume to celebrate the nostalgia and legacy of this beloved film.
Starring David Bowie as Jareth, the Goblin King, and Jennifer Connelly as Sarah, who must rescue her baby brother by finding her way through the massive maze of the title, Labyrinth will play in movie theaters nationwide at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 29; and at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 1, and Wednesday, May 2 (all local times).
All presentations of the film will include introductions by Brian Henson and Jennifer Connelly, captured exclusively for Fathom Events. In addition, audiences will enjoy a special theatrical screening excerpt from the award-winning fantasy series The Storyteller. Brian Henson will discuss the episode “Soldier and Death,” also directed by Jim Henson, and the special effects techniques that were a hallmark of Labyrinth, “The Storyteller,” and Jim Henson’s legacy.
Tickets for Labyrinth can be purchased online at www.FathomEvents.com or at participating theater box offices. Fans throughout the U.S. will be able to enjoy the event in more than 400 select movie theaters. A complete list of theater locations is available on the Fathom Events website (theaters and participants are subject to change).
Directed by Jim Henson, Labyrinth was produced by Star Wars creator George Lucas and presented by Lucasfilm Ltd. The film’s screenplay is by Terry Jones of Monty Python fame, from a story by Henson and Dennis Lee. Brian Froud served as the conceptual designer of the groundbreaking fantasy, with music by Trevor Jones and songs by David Bowie.
Labyrinth is one of the most frequently requested titles, and has an enormous fan base,” said Tom Lucas, Fathom Events Vice President of Studio Relations. “It’s a film with great appeal to a huge audience – and also a cinematic experience that can be enjoyed over and over, always revealing more surprises. We couldn’t be happier to share it with moviegoers again.”
- ‘Labyrinth’ is Making Its Way Back to the Big Screen! - March 3, 2018
- Monster Pictures Acquires Oz Horror ‘Living Space’ - March 3, 2018
- ‘Cat O’ Nine Tails’ Blu-ray and DVD Available March 6th - March 2, 2018
- Get Ready for ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Season 3 Episode 2! - March 2, 2018
- Are You Ready to Check Out ‘House Shark?!’ - March 1, 2018
- ‘Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1’ Sells Out, Rushed to Second Print - March 1, 2018
- The Teaser Trailer is Out for ‘Blood Fest’ - February 28, 2018
- Amazon is Giving Us a Second Season of ‘Lore’ - February 28, 2018
- Scream Factory Wants to Teach ‘Of Unknown Origin’ - February 27, 2018
- This Sideshow Collectibles Mumm-Ra is Out of This World! - February 27, 2018