Movie lovers will journey into Jim Henson’s magical Labyrinth this spring when the 1986 fantasy-adventure returns to the big screen for three days only as a nationwide fan celebration from Fathom Events, The Jim Henson Company, and Sony Pictures Entertainment. Audiences are encouraged to attend the screenings in costume to celebrate the nostalgia and legacy of this beloved film.
Starring David Bowie as Jareth, the Goblin King, and Jennifer Connelly as Sarah, who must rescue her baby brother by finding her way through the massive maze of the title, Labyrinth will play in movie theaters nationwide at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 29; and at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 1, and Wednesday, May 2 (all local times).
All presentations of the film will include introductions by Brian Henson and Jennifer Connelly, captured exclusively for Fathom Events. In addition, audiences will enjoy a special theatrical screening excerpt from the award-winning fantasy series The Storyteller. Brian Henson will discuss the episode “Soldier and Death,” also directed by Jim Henson, and the special effects techniques that were a hallmark of Labyrinth, “The Storyteller,” and Jim Henson’s legacy.
Tickets for Labyrinth can be purchased online at www.FathomEvents.com or at participating theater box offices. Fans throughout the U.S. will be able to enjoy the event in more than 400 select movie theaters. A complete list of theater locations is available on the Fathom Events website (theaters and participants are subject to change).
Directed by Jim Henson, Labyrinth was produced by Star Wars creator George Lucas and presented by Lucasfilm Ltd. The film’s screenplay is by Terry Jones of Monty Python fame, from a story by Henson and Dennis Lee. Brian Froud served as the conceptual designer of the groundbreaking fantasy, with music by Trevor Jones and songs by David Bowie.
Labyrinth is one of the most frequently requested titles, and has an enormous fan base,” said Tom Lucas, Fathom Events Vice President of Studio Relations. “It’s a film with great appeal to a huge audience – and also a cinematic experience that can be enjoyed over and over, always revealing more surprises. We couldn’t be happier to share it with moviegoers again.”
- NECA Reveals ‘Alien’ and ‘Predator Foam Replica Wall-Mounted Busts, Coming This November - August 9, 2018
- John Carpenter’s ‘The Thing’ Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray Set Announced by Scream Factory - August 9, 2018
- Immerse Yourself in the Occult with Three Blu-ray Clips from ‘Pyewacket’ - August 8, 2018
- Girls and Corpses Films Presents ‘Cynthia’ - August 8, 2018
- ‘Lake Placid: Legacy’ Splashes onto DVD and Digital on September 4th - August 7, 2018
- ‘Trick ’r Treat’ “Frightville Novelties” Halloween Decorations Coming This September from Fright Rags - August 7, 2018
- ‘The Nursery’ Coming to DVD on August 7 - August 6, 2018
- Photos of Prime 1 Studio’s New “Batman Who Laughs” Statue, Coming in 2020 from Sideshow Collectibles - August 6, 2018
- ‘It Lives Inside!’ Jeff Hall Unleashes a Book of Evil this August! - August 5, 2018
- Watch the New Trailer for ‘Slender Man’ - August 5, 2018