To celebrate, Dark Horse is proclaiming Saturday, June 4, 2016, to be “Dark Horse Day,” with events happening in comic shops around the country! We are inviting our retail partners to celebrate with us by offering exclusive promotional materials, ordering discounts on Dark Horse Comics backlist titles, and a commemorative Dark Horse Day Sampler comic!
“Just over thirty years ago, I gathered a group of would-be collaborators in the restaurant I owned and told them I was going to start a comics company. I’m not sure whether their smiles were a result of excitement over the possibilities or amusement at the thought of it, but here we are all these years later making comic books,” remarked Dark Horse president and publisher Mike Richardson. “It’s been an amazing journey and we’ve witnessed extraordinary changes both in the comics market and in our pop culture over three decades. We’re excited to still be spending our lives in the career we love, and we hope that you all will help us celebrate thirty years of comics.”
As Dark Horse Comics turns thirty, we present a look back at some of our top titles from past decades in an exclusive Dark Horse Day Sampler comic featuring classic stories including Aliens vs. Predator: Blood Time (1994), by Randy Stradley and Phill Norwood, Sin City: Daddy’s Little Girl (1996), by Frank Miller, and The Umbrella Academy: Anywhere but Here (2008), by Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá! Plus: a new Buffy the Vampire Slayer tale by Christos Gage! The forty-page Dark Horse Day Sampler comic features a special cover by Steve Morris and will be available in comic shops everywhere on June 4.
“It’s hard to believe it has been thirty years—mainly because the memories of seeing our first comics on the stands and going to conventions and meeting fans for the first time are still so clear. If you’re a Dark Horse fan, or if you’ve ever been a Dark Horse fan, I hope you join us for this milestone celebration!” added Dark Horse vice president of publishing Randy Stradley.
Fans: Make sure to tell your retailer you want your local store to participate in this awesome celebration!
Retailers: Look for the April cover-dated issue of Previews for details on participation levels, along with promotional support being offered by Dark Horse for the event!
- Demon – Movie Review - September 6, 2016
- September JournalStone Newsletter - September 5, 2016
- Win a Weird Western Story Bundle Courtesy of ChiZine Publications! - August 26, 2016
- New Poster for Rob Zombie’s ’31’ + One Night Only Screening! - August 13, 2016
- Check Out the ‘I’m Dreaming of a White Doomsday’ Trailer - August 13, 2016
- ITN Distribution Wants To Welcome You To ‘Clowntown’ - August 13, 2016
- Next Week on Syfy - August 12, 2016
- Be Somewhere Where You Can Bring Home ‘Lake Nowhere’ - August 12, 2016
- Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights Adds a ‘Krampus’ Maze! - August 11, 2016
- Visiting Hours to the Sanatorium Begin Now – Official Trailer and Poster for ‘Patient Seven’! - August 11, 2016