Dark Horse is proud to announce the return of Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Serenity) and Christos Gage (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel & Faith, Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, Avengers Academy) to unite the Buffyverse for a battle-filled four-issue series Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning this June! Buffyverse alumnus artist Georges Jeanty (Serenity, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) also returns to lend his illustrative skills to the next installment.
Following the world-altering finale of Season 11, Buffy and the Scoobies have had a laid-back year in the saving-the-world department. But as they’ve learned over their years of fighting the forces of darkness and thwarting many an apocalypse, nothing stays quiet for long. When Dawn and Xander’s housewarming party is crashed by some familiar faces with news of an amassing force that must be reckoned with—Wolfram & Hart, a legion of demons, and Harth, a vampire from the future—Buffy finds herself in a time warp that could alter the fate of the world and could spell the end for Buffy, her friends, and the Slayers, forever.
This action-packed miniseries reunites the Buffyverse with the return of Angel, Faith, Illyria, and Fray, the Slayer from the future!
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #1 (of four) goes on sale June 20, 2018, and boasts three beautiful variant covers by Stephanie Hans, Georges Jeanty with Karl Story and Dan Jackson, and Karl Moline. The first issue will be available for preorder at your local comic shop in March.
Praise for Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11:
“This creative team took a real problem, a first world situation for people who are treated different and turned it into one of the most heart-crushing developments in the Buffyverse so far.”—Geeked Out Nation
“This reads like a stake through the heart for emotional punch. This is going to take some time to recover from. Beautifully heartbreaking!”—Sci-Fi Pulse
“Buffy Season 11 delivers a final battle that’s right up there with the classic showdowns of the series.”—Horror Talk
- ‘Get My Gun’ Theatrical Release Announced for September - August 11, 2018
- Rock and Roll Thriller ‘Dead Envy’ Looks to Pluck Your Heartstrings on VOD and Digital HD This September - August 11, 2018
- Funko to Celebrate 25 Years of Halloween Town with New ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ Collectibles - August 10, 2018
- Experience Hulu’s ‘Castle Rock’ in New 360-Degree Virtual Reality Video - August 10, 2018
- NECA Reveals ‘Alien’ and ‘Predator Foam Replica Wall-Mounted Busts, Coming This November - August 9, 2018
- John Carpenter’s ‘The Thing’ Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray Set Announced by Scream Factory - August 9, 2018
- Immerse Yourself in the Occult with Three Blu-ray Clips from ‘Pyewacket’ - August 8, 2018
- Girls and Corpses Films Presents ‘Cynthia’ - August 8, 2018
- ‘Lake Placid: Legacy’ Splashes onto DVD and Digital on September 4th - August 7, 2018
- ‘Trick ’r Treat’ “Frightville Novelties” Halloween Decorations Coming This September from Fright Rags - August 7, 2018