The story follows two morose characters, Will and Ashe, as they fall in with a cult of vampires, led by a charismatic ex-rocker, only to interrupt a vampiric ritual before it’s completion. Then things get REALLY trippy as our characters find themselves somewhere between life and death, neither human nor vampire, unstuck in time and detached from tangible space. Their only way to escape is to face their own inner demons and save each other before it’s too late.
Think Under the Skin meets Taxi Driver, with vampires.
The crew is a collection of filmmakers and artists working mostly in Hollywood who have decided to bulk the traditional system which they typically serve in order to bring a vision to screen that is only possible on an independent scale. This film seeks to restore much of the mystique and fear of the unknown that vampires once held. Rather than demystifying the mythology of these immortal beings of the night, writer/director Aaron Pagniano says that he wants to “further obfuscate and inject cerebral terror into what they are and where they came from.” Fortunately, filmmakers with a vision and no access to money can now turn to crowdfunding in order to find an audience of like-minded lovers of horror and of indie film.
Check out our concept footage, concept art, preliminary music, and support the film: www.riverstyxmovie.com, facebook.com/riverstyxmovie, twitter.com/riverstyxmovie, and www.instagram.com/riverstyxmovie
Starring: Phillip Andre Botello and Cory Vaughn
Writer/ Director: Aaron Pagniano
Producer: Travis Campbell
Producer: Joseph Papa
Producer: Jesse Zhu
Director of Photography: Idan Menin
Production Designer: Dustin Panzino
Costume Designer: Laura Cristina Ortiz.
- Journalstone October Newsletter - October 12, 2017
- September Journalstone Newsletter - September 18, 2017
- August Journalstone Newsletter - August 7, 2017
- July Journalstone Newsletter - July 18, 2017
- April Journalstone Newsletter - April 12, 2017
- November JournalStone Newsletter - November 4, 2016
- Enter to Win Tickets to See ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ — Back in Theatres for Two Days Only! - October 25, 2016
- The Red Band Trailer for ‘The Autopsy of Jane Doe’ is Here in All Its NSFW Glory! - October 16, 2016
- Help Celebrate the Release of ‘Freaks Anon’ – Enter to Win a Signed Copy! - October 10, 2016
- Details On UK’s Horror Channel FrightFest Weekend’s 16-Film Marathon - October 8, 2016