What the Waters Left Behind will make its world premiere at the upcoming SITGES Film Festival on October where it will compete in the “Midnight X-treme” category.
The trailer of the film had its world premiere at CANNES Film Festival on May 20th together with 10 min. of early-cut screening. What the Waters Left Behind was the winner of the First Fantasy Film Competition organized by INCAA in Argentina.
Epecuén was one of the most important touristic villages of Argentina. Thousands of people concurred, attracted by the healing properties of its thermal waters. On November 10th, 1985, a huge volume of water broke the protecting embankment and the village was submerged under ten meters of salt water. Epecuén disappeared. Thirty years later, the waters receded and the ruins of Epecuén emerged exposing a bleak and deserted landscape. The residents never returned.
The plot revolves around a group of young people that take a trip to the ruins in order to film a documentary about Epecuén. Ignoring the warnings, and after a brief tour, they get stranded in the abandoned village. Contrary to what they thought, they begin to realize that they are really not alone…
Directors: Luciano and Nicolás Onetti
Script: Carlos Goitia, Nicolás Onetti and Luciano Onetti
Producer: Nicolás Onetti
Executive Producers: Michael Kraetzer, Mariano Oliveros, Fernanda Goitia, Diego Savignano
Associate Producers: Pablo Guisa Koestinger, Laura Sanchez Acosta, María Paula Ríos, Valeria Bistagnino
Production Company: Black Mandala Films, Rusty Robot and Onetti Brothers Productions
Director of Photography: Facundo Nuble
Art Director: Sebastián Del Prado
Costume Designer: Carolina Barbie Cichetto
Editor: Luciano Onetti
Music by: Luciano Onetti
CAST: MIRTA BUSNELLI, GUSTAVO GARZON, AGUSTIN PARDELLA, VICTORIA MAURETTE, VICTORIO D`ALESSANDRO, DAMIAN DREIZIK, PAULA BRASCA, PAULA SARTOR, CHUCHO FERNANDEZ, GERMAN BAUDINO, EVAN LEED, TAMARA GARZON.
- Sorry Jack, Chucky’s Back with New Fright-Rags Apparel – Plus Stephen King’s Misery! - January 18, 2018
- Back in Your Box, Annabelle! ‘Curse of the Witch’s Doll’ Set for 2/6 Release - January 18, 2018
- Frank Miller Returns to the World of ‘300’ - January 17, 2018
- Seth Breedlove’s ‘Invasion on Chestnut Ridge’ Lands on VOD Platforms - January 17, 2018
- Check out the Trailer for the Dark Sci Fi Thriller ‘Caller ID Entity’ - January 16, 2018
- Science and Tentacles Clash in ‘Tesla vs Lovecraft,’ Available on Steam January 26th - January 16, 2018
- Stoker Con 2018 Librarians’ Day Schedule is LIVE!!! Pass it on! - January 15, 2018
- Get Ready for the Graphic Novel of ‘Ghostbusters 101: Everyone Answers’ - January 15, 2018
- ‘TheNightfall’ – Enthralling First-Person Horror Experience Now Available on Steam! - January 14, 2018
- Will You Check Out That Sound in ‘The Basement?’ - January 14, 2018