IFC Midnight announced today it is acquiring U.S. distribution rights to Emma Tammi’s narrative feature film THE WIND produced by Soapbox Films and Divide/Conquer. The film made its World Premiere at the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival to an enthusiastic Midnight Madness crowd and it will screen at Fantastic Fest this weekend.
With THE WIND, director Emma Tammi and writer Teresa Sutherland have embarked on a nightmarish yet empathetic exploration of domestic solitude, skillfully conjuring — in bone-chilling visual and sonic strokes — an indescribable spectre that seems to emanate from the abyss of the night itself. Hailed by critics as a femme-centric western and supernatural horror, the film stars Caitlin Gerard, Julia Goldani Telles, Ashley Zukerman, Dylan McTee, and Miles Anderson. THE WIND not only features an array of talented female creatives at the helm and in front of the camera, it also showcases the work from production designers Hillary and Courtney Andujar, set decorator Elsbeth Mumm along with film editor Alexandra Amick.
“Emma Tammi’s impressive debut into narrative film making starring a break out performance from Caitlin Gerard packs the kind of fierce ingenuity we are continually searching for when we distribute films. We’re thrilled to bring such an intelligently crafted and distinct vision in the horror genre to audiences around the country,” said Jonathan Sehring and Lisa Schwartz, co-presidents of IFC Films/Sundance Selects.
“IFC’s history of cultivating large audiences for smart, genre-bending films makes them the ideal partner to bring this beautiful, thought-provoking, and ultimately horrifying film to market. It is an important time to champion storytelling that takes risks, and IFC emboldens those narratives that challenge and move us, while entertaining. We are very excited to be part of the family and look forward to working with their talented team to bring THE WIND to the U.S. audience,” said in a statement from director Emma Tammi with producers Christopher Alender and David Viste.
The deal for THE WIND was negotiated by IFC Midnight with ICM Partners/XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Midnight is a sister label to IFC Films and Sundance Selects and is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc.
- IFC Midnight Acquires US Rights to Supernatural Western ‘The Wind’ - September 21, 2018
- Tune In: Travel Channel’s ‘Haunted Live’ All-New Episode Tonight - September 21, 2018
- Watch the Official Trailer for ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ Reimagining, Coming to Netflix on October 12th - September 20, 2018
- Black Magic and Sci-Fi Come to Alamo Drafthouses in Austin with Theatrical Run Next Weekend - September 20, 2018
- Restored ‘Night of the Living Dead’ Comes to Movie Theaters in October - September 19, 2018
- Amuse USA and Z2 Comics Announce the ‘Apocrypha: The Legend of Babymetal’ Limited Deluxe Edition - September 19, 2018
- General Mills Monsters Pop! PEZ Dispensers Are Coming This Fall from Funko! - September 18, 2018
- Theatrical Release of ‘e-Demon’ Extends to Other Cities! - September 18, 2018
- Horror Take on ‘The Little Mermaid’ to Premiere Through On Demand this Fall - September 17, 2018
- ‘Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch’ – Graphic Novel in Stores December 2018! - September 17, 2018