LOS ANGELES, CA (September 5, 2019) –The interactive art installation featuring reimagined worlds of iconic scary movies, I Like Scary Movies Experience, will open its doors September 20-November 17 in downtown LA for an encore engagement . Produced by Ultra Productions and inspired by some of Warner Bros. Pictures’ and New Line Cinema’s most iconic scary movies, the experience will feature a brand-new exhibit inspired by Friday the 13th, among other fan-favorite installations, including the first Blockbuster IT chapter, The Shining, Beetlejuice, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. General Admission tickets are $39 and are available to purchase online.
I Like Scary Movies is a groundbreaking interactive art installation that is a true celebration of some of the most beloved horror films. Attendees can expect to experience the iconic horror films that they love in a completely new way with unique art creations by Maximillian and incredible photo opportunities. Guests will “visit” Crystal Lake from Friday the 13th; check out the The Shining’s Overlook Hotel to meet the creepy twins; and wander through Beetlejuice’s graveyard on the way to the Netherworld Waiting Room. Fans are also welcome to enter Freddy’s boiler room from A Nightmare on Elm Street on their way to Pennywise’s lair from IT.
The I Like Scary Movies experience is brought to life by Maximillian, the experiential artist behind many Hollywood studio activations. As a life-long Halloween lover, he couldn’t resist re-opening for the Halloween season. “I grew up loving the Halloween season,” said Maximillian. “Every year, my grandmother would let me destroy her house with decorations, and each year I would go bigger and bigger. Her support really helped shape my love for scary movies and ultimately put me on the path to become an experiential artist.”
Not designed as a jump scare traditional haunt, the I Like Scary Movies exhibit is a perfect way to re-live movies that inspired the horror genre. During the incredibly successful first installment of the exhibit last spring, thousands of fans from every state in the U.S. and various countries reveled in the one-of-a-kind experience inspired by some of Warner Bros. Pictures’ and New Line Cinema’s most iconic scary films, resulting in countless photos shared around the world. The exhibit also had its share of celebrity guests, who joined in to share their love of scary movies.
- I LIKE SCARY MOVIES Experience Coming Back to LA for the Halloween Season - September 10, 2019
- Fathom Events and Paramount Pictures to Bring STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE Back to Theaters for 40th Anniversary Celebration - September 6, 2019
- Check Out the Teaser Trailer for Osgood Perkins’ GRETEL & HANSEL - September 6, 2019
- New Webtoon Series Alert: I’M THE GRIM REAPER - September 5, 2019
- Check Out the Trailer for THE CURSE OF BUCKOUT ROAD - September 5, 2019
- Check Out the Official Trailer for REPLACE, Starring Barbara Crampton - September 4, 2019
- Daughter’s Day Takes a Deadly Turn in the Official Trailer for INTO THE DARK: PURE - September 4, 2019
- WRINKLES THE CLOWN is Coming to Theaters on October 4th - September 3, 2019
- Joel McHale to Co-Star in New Home Invasion Movie BECKY - September 3, 2019
- Check Out the Launch Trailer for New BLAIR WITCH Video Game - August 30, 2019