A fairy tale classic goes under the frightening sea this September with Mermaid’s Song, premiering on digital from Wild Eye Releasing.
A dark homage to Hans Christian Anderson’s The Little Mermaid, and starring Game of Thrones’ Iwan Rheon, the film is set during the 1930s depression and tells of young Charlotte, who is struggling to keep the family business afloat. When gangster Randall offers to pay off the family debt, he demands some illegal changes to the business. But Charlotte, like her mother before her, is a mermaid capable of controlling humans with nothing but her voice, which creates a battle between all of those who want Charlotte’s magical powers for themselves.
From director Nicholas Humphries, and starring Iwan Rheon, Katelyn Mager, and Brendan Taylor, Mermaid’s Song arrives on digital September 18.
- Horror Take on ‘The Little Mermaid’ to Premiere Through On Demand this Fall - September 17, 2018
- ‘Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch’ – Graphic Novel in Stores December 2018! - September 17, 2018
- Trailer and Poster for ‘Strange Nature,’ New Horror/Thriller Starring John Hennigan and Stephen Tobolowsky, in Theaters this Fall - September 15, 2018
- First Three Films Revealed for Shriekfest 2018, Including ‘Sick for Toys’ and ‘Never Hike Alone’ - September 15, 2018
- Photos of Iron Studios’ IT (2017) Pennywise Deluxe Statue, Coming in 2019 from Sideshow Collectibles - September 14, 2018
- John Carpenter’s HALLOWEEN Returning to Theaters in Celebration of Its 40th Anniversary - September 14, 2018
- ‘Monsterella’ Returns in an All-New Summer Special… Just in Time for Halloween! - September 13, 2018
- ‘Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Collection’ Arrives October 16th on Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital - September 13, 2018
- Take a Walk Down Memory Lane with the Teaser Trailer for 1980s Horror Documentary ‘In Search of Darkness’ - September 12, 2018
- Additional Cast Members Announced for ‘Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark’ Movie Co-Written and Produced by Guillermo del Toro - September 12, 2018