Press Release: MILWAUKIE, Ore., (February 5, 2019)—To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the publication of Hellboy: Seed of Destruction, Dark Horse Comics is publishing Hellboy: 25 Years of Covers. In Hellboy: Seed of Destruction, creator Mike Mignola first introduced comic book readers to the Right Hand of Doom, the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense, and one of the most iconic comic book characters—and universes—of all time. And on July 3, 2019, Dark Horse will pay tribute to the characters’ legacy and 25 years of spellbinding covers with Hellboy: 25 Years of Covers, a deluxe, oversized hardcover collection that includes more than 150 full-page cover pieces from artists including Mike Mignola, Richard Corben, Duncan Fegredo, and more, featuring an introduction by colorist Dave Stewart and a foreword by Mignola.
Hellboy: 25 Years of Covers features over 150 covers, including:
- All Hellboy issue covers from Seed of Destruction #1 to Hellboy in Hell #10
- Hellboy: House of the Living Dead
- Hellboy: Midnight Circus
- Hellboy: Into the Silent Sea
- Hellboy in Mexico
- Hellboy: Krampusnacht
- Hellboy Winter Special
- B.P.R.D.: The Devil You Know #15
- And covers of upcoming and unannounced titles, including new covers by Mignola, Fegredo and Paolo Rivera
The release of Hellboy: 25 Years of Covers continues Dark Horse’s year long celebration of Mike Mignola and his legendary creation, highlighted by Hellboy Day on March 23, 2019. For 2019’s Hellboy Day celebration, Dark Horse will publish a 25th anniversary, promotional edition of Hellboy: Seed of Destruction Issue 1, featuring a new cover by Mignola and colorist Dave Stewart, which will be given away at participating comic book shops; and select stores across the country will host Hellboy Day events.
Hellboy has appeared in graphic novels and comic books, prose novels and short story collections, two animated features, two live action films, toy lines, and all manner of merchandise. Neil Marshall’s forthcoming Hellboy film starring David Harbour, Sasha Lane, Ian McShane, Penelope Mitchell, and Milla Jovovich will be released by Lionsgate on April 12, 2019.
Hellboy: 25 Years of Covers is an oversized 8 x 12 hardcover, retailing for $34.99 and is available for pre-order on Amazon and at your local comic shop. For more information about Hellboy: 25 Years of Covers, the Mignolaverse comic books and graphic novels, follow Dark Horse Comics on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
About Mike Mignola:
Mike Mignola’s fascination with ghosts and monsters began at an early age; reading Dracula at age twelve introduced him to Victorian literature and folklore, from which he has never recovered. Starting in 1982 as a bad inker for Marvel Comics, he evolved into a not-so-bad artist. By the late 1980s, he’d begun to develop his unique graphic style, with mainstream projects like Cosmic Odyssey and Batman: Gotham by Gaslight. In 1994, he published the first of many Hellboy series through Dark Horse, leading to many spinoffs, prose books, animated films, and two live-action films. Along the way he worked on Francis Ford Coppola’s film Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992), Disney’s Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001), and with director Guillermo del Toro on Blade II (2002), Hellboy (2004), and Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008). A new Hellboy film by Neil Marshall is currently in the works. Mike’s books have earned numerous awards and are published in a great many countries. He lives in Southern California with his wife, daughter, and cat.
- ‘Hellboy: 25 Years of Covers’ Hardcover Collection Coming This July from Dark Horse - February 5, 2019
- Watch the First Footage from ‘Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark!’ - February 4, 2019
- **BRAND NEW CLIP ** See Vivica A. Fox as the President in ‘Crossbreed,’ Out February 5th - February 4, 2019
- New Stephen King Novel ‘The Institute’ Coming in September, Full Synopsis Revealed - February 1, 2019
- ‘The Possessed’ (1965) Available on Blu-ray February 5th - February 1, 2019
- ‘The Fifth Cord’ (1971) Available on Blu-ray February 5th - January 31, 2019
- New Trailer and Poster for ‘After the Lethargy,’ A Horror Movie Awards Winner - January 31, 2019
- Production Begins on ‘The Boy 2’ - January 30, 2019
- Get Haunted by ‘Poltergeist,’ ‘The Amityville Horror,’ ‘Predator,’ and More from FRIGHT-RAGS! - January 30, 2019
- Full Release Details for Scream Factory’s ‘The Deadly Mantis’ Blu-ray - January 29, 2019