A rare and impressive prop of the Space Jockey aboard the derelict spaceship from Ridley Scott’s classic science fiction film will be auctioned by Nate D. Sanders Auctions on October 26, 2017.
H.R. Giger’s prop of the famed Space Jockey aboard the Derelict Spaceship was featured in one of the most iconic science fiction scenes in cinematic history. In the film, Alien, the haunting Space Jockey was found dead aboard the alien spaceship.
The model being auctioned is believed to be one of only three to exist. Giger gifted the model to 20th Century Fox executive Peter Beale. The entire model weighs over 47 lbs., glued to a painted sheet of plywood.
Giger was a Swiss contemporary artist who was part of the special effects team that won an Academy Award for Best Achievement in Visual Effects for Alien. Giger’s design for the Alien spaceship was inspired by his surrealist drawing Necronom IV. Giger was inducted into the Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame in 2013.
The 1979 film Alien directed by Ridley Scott, starred Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton, John Hurt, Ian Holm, and Yaphet Kotto. In 2002, the film was inducted into the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress.
Bidding for the model begins at $100,000.
Additional information on the model can be found at
- The International Trailer is Out for ‘Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation’ - November 20, 2017
- The Special Features on ‘The Barn’ Have Been Revealed! - November 20, 2017
- In January You Might Take a Visit to the ‘Opera!’ - November 19, 2017
- This December Prepare for ‘Leatherface!’ - November 19, 2017
- Dark Horse, Santa Monica Studio, and Sony Interactive Entertainment Join Forces - November 18, 2017
- ‘The Exorcist: Legion VR’ Comes to Oculus Rift and HTC Vive on November 22nd - November 18, 2017
- The Popcorn Frights Film Festival 2018 Wants Your Film Submissions! - November 17, 2017
- Get Ready for Some ‘Mayhem’ this December! - November 17, 2017
- You’ll Get a ‘Friend Request’ This December and January! - November 16, 2017
- Hello, Clarice – ‘The Silence of the Lambs’ is Getting a Criterion Collection Release! - November 16, 2017