Writer Magdalene Visaggio and artist Marley Zarcone invite you to the ultimate rager at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Marilyn Manor, a four-issue creator-owned miniseries from IDW Publishing, intended for mature readers!
When the White House goes dark for 17 days in August 1981, the president’s spoiled daughter and her best friend Abe – who claims to be possessed by the spirit of Abe Lincoln – throw the party of the decade, unearthing dead historical figures and government secrets that are better off buried. Sex, drugs, séances, and secret passageways lead to time-bending mystical romps where past and present collide. “We’ve been trying to capture the feel, the excitement, the energy of the rise of the New Romantics, of the decade that embraced excess and excitement in hugely over-the-top ways, and filled it with chaos and insanity. This is the weirdest thing I’ve ever written in the best way possible, like an apocalypse directed by John Hughes,” says co-creator/writer Magdalene Visaggio.
Uniting the red-hot Eisner-nominated talents of Visaggio (Kim & Kim) and Zarcone (Shade, the Changing Girl) for the first time, Marilyn Manor explores identity, classism, appropriation, and friendship, set just in time for the greatest pop cultural marriage to date: the debut of MTV.
“There isn’t an artist alive who could perfectly capture the style and verve of the early ’80s like Marley Zarcone,” says editor Shelly Bond. “Coupled with Irma Kniivila’s vibrant palette, Marilyn Manor is for readers who like a bit of pop art and revisionist history with their coming-of-age satire.”
For information on how to secure copies of Marilyn Manor beginning with its launch issue in June, please contact your local comic shop or visit www.comicshoplocator.com to find a store near you.
Magdalene Vissagio is the Eisner and GLAAD Media Award-nominated writer behind Kim & Kim and Eternity Girl. She’s written comic books for most major publishers including Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, and Oni.
Marley Zarcone is the artist on the critically-acclaimed series Shade, the Changing Girl for Gerard Way’s Young Animal imprint. She is the co-creator/artist of Effigy with writer Tim Seeley for Vertigo, and has worked on numerous projects for Image.
- Follow the First Daughter’s Post-Punk Exploits in ‘Marilyn Manor’ - March 20, 2019
- Full Release Details for Scream Factory’s ‘Tarantula’ (1955) Blu-ray - March 19, 2019
- Sequel to The Acclaimed Graphic Novel ‘Mr. Higgins Comes Home’ - March 19, 2019
- Patrick Brice to Direct Netflix’s Adaptation of Stephanie Perkins’ ‘There’s Someone Inside Your House’ - March 18, 2019
- An Exploitation Easter with Severin Films - March 18, 2019
- Supernatural Horror ‘Flay’ Premieres On Demand this April - March 15, 2019
- Travel Channel Revives ‘Ghost Bait’ – Premiering Thursday, April 4 at 10pm ET/PT - March 15, 2019
- New Trailer Teases Six New ‘Alien’ Short Films - March 14, 2019
- Get Lucky This St. Patrick’s Day with Fright-Rags’s ‘Leprechaun’ and ‘The Fly’ Apparel - March 14, 2019
- A Deadly Curse Returns in the Trailer for Hideo Nakata’s ‘Sadako’ - March 13, 2019