Press Release: “The Shriekfest Film Festival, an international horror/sci-fi film and screenplay competition, has announced the first three films of its 2018 feature film lineup. Film festival director Denise Gossett says “We are super excited to show you our wonderfully diverse selection of amazing films from all over the world.”
The feature films selected thus far are listed below:
(WORLD PREMIERE) Echoes of Fear directed by Shriekfest Winners, husband and wife team Brian and Laurence Avenet-Bradley (Dark Remains, Ghost of the Needle), written by Brian Avenet-Bradley. After inheriting her grandfather’s house, Alysa must confront the mystery of his sudden death and the evil that hides inside. Starring Trista Robinson (The Human Race, Purgatory Road) and Paul Chirico (Grimm, Godzilla).
“Sick For Toys (SHRIEKFEST PREMIERE) Directed by David Del Rio, written by James Andrew Oster and Justin Xavier. “Roy is the nice guy who finishes last. Sick of his current situation, he accepts an invitation to have Christmas dinner with the beautiful and strangely alluring Emilia. Once at dinner, Roy realizes that Emilia and her oddball brother Edward are not what they seem.” Starring Camille Montgomery (The Dead and The Damned) David Gunning (N.C.I.S) and Jon Paul Burkhart (American Horror Story, Fright Flick).
Never Hike Alone (CALIFORNIA PREMIERE) Written and directed by Vincente Disanti. A Friday the 13th Fan Film! A hiker’s survival skills are put to the test, when he stumbles upon the remains of an old abandoned camp and discovers its long dark secrets. Starring Drew Leighty and Vincente Disanti as Jason Voorhees.
The festival will also showcase 35 outstanding and diverse international short films, covering just about every aspect of horror, sci-fi, and fantasy.
The Shriekfest Film Festival runs October 4 – 7, 2018. An opening night party will take place at Bar Sinister in Hollywood; the rest of the festival will be at the iconic Raleigh Studios on Melrose Ave.
Shriekfest, now in its 18th year, was created in July 2001 by Denise Gossett and has grown into the longest-running and one of the largest horror and sci-fi film festivals in the country. This is also the second year that Shriekfest will be bi-coastal with Shriekfest Orlando on November 3rd. Since its inception, Shriekfest has offered young and upcoming writers, actors, directors, and producers a chance to have their work screened and rated by peers.
- First Three Films Revealed for Shriekfest 2018, Including ‘Sick for Toys’ and ‘Never Hike Alone’ - September 15, 2018
- Photos of Iron Studios’ IT (2017) Pennywise Deluxe Statue, Coming in 2019 from Sideshow Collectibles - September 14, 2018
- John Carpenter’s HALLOWEEN Returning to Theaters in Celebration of Its 40th Anniversary - September 14, 2018
- ‘Monsterella’ Returns in an All-New Summer Special… Just in Time for Halloween! - September 13, 2018
- ‘Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Collection’ Arrives October 16th on Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital - September 13, 2018
- Take a Walk Down Memory Lane with the Teaser Trailer for 1980s Horror Documentary ‘In Search of Darkness’ - September 12, 2018
- Additional Cast Members Announced for ‘Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark’ Movie Co-Written and Produced by Guillermo del Toro - September 12, 2018
- Underexposed: 1972 Southern Gothic Horror ‘Lemora: A Child’s Tale of the Supernatural’ on 16mm September 23rd - September 11, 2018
- Check Out the Upcoming ‘Death Orb’ #1 by Ryan Ferrier and Alejandro Aragon - September 11, 2018
- Read Exclusive Preview Pages from Dark Horse Comics’ ‘Joe Golem: Occult Detective – The Drowning City’ #1, Co-Written by Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden - September 10, 2018