Don’t Look, the first feature film for Latina director Luciana Faulhaber, has been acquired by Wild Eye Releasing.
In Don’t Look – a slasher horror feature with touches of dark humor – newcomer Faulhaber injects current events into the traditional horror genre tropes.
“It was important for me to create work that shows the female characters as they are in real life – none of us are waiting to be saved by some prince charming,” said film director and co-producer Luciana Faulhaber, who also plays a role in the film.
Don’t Look centers on five New York City Millennials who escape the big city for a rustic Thanksgiving weekend in country. But as will happen in horror, something threatens to shatter their peaceful getaway and they are targeted for murder.
Javier E. Gomez, a co-producer of Don’t Look and co-founder with Luciana of Enuff Productions, said: “I am thankful to Wild Eye Releasing for believing in Don’t Look, and introducing our work to audiences across the globe through traditional and digital platforms. We are very proud to become part of the WER family and we look forward to working with the company in the rolling out the plan to bring Don’t Look directly to audiences.”
Don’t Look will have its Los Angeles premiere next month at North Hollywood CineFest and its Latin American premiere will take place in April, at the Rock Horror Film Festival in Rio de Janeiro. The film is scheduled for VOD release in late 2018. More details about the VOD release and other forms of digital and traditional showings will be announced in upcoming months. The producers are Luciana Faulhaber, Javier E. Gomez, Lindsay Eshelman, Daniel Shaw and Jessica Boucher, who is also one of the film’s writers.
Meanwhile, Luciana and Javier, who started their production partnership over ten years ago producing for the New York stage, are already working on their next projects: a comedy pilot about a young reporter coming to terms with his identity and gay sexuality, in a dying Latino newspaper in NYC – to be shot in 2018- and a film adaptation of a best-selling Latin American novel.
- First Look Trailer for ‘Don’t Look’ – Slasher Horror for a New Generation! - February 26, 2018
- Things Are Getting Creepy in the Trailer for ‘Pyewacket’ - February 25, 2018
- ‘City of the Dead’ (1960) Available on DVD and Blu-ray March 13th - February 25, 2018
- The Latest ‘Ash Vs. Evil Dead’ Trailer Takes Us Back to the 70s! - February 24, 2018
- Zag Toys, in Partnership with Tinybuild & Evolution Announce the Wide Release of Their ‘Hello Neighbor’ Product Line - February 24, 2018
- ‘Attack of the Mushroom People’ Now Available on Amazon Prime - February 23, 2018
- Explore a Lovecraftian Universe – ‘The Padre’ is Now Live on Steam in Early Access - February 23, 2018
- Joss Whedon and Christos Gage Bring a Reckoning for ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ - February 22, 2018
- ‘What Keeps You Alive’ Debuts at SXSW March 10th - February 22, 2018
- Check Out the Trailer for ‘The Child Remains’ - February 21, 2018