This is an advance pre-order for the Exclusive Synapse Films Limited Steelbook of our new restoration of SUSPIRIA. This info is very early and specs and final extras have not been finalized. We believe this item may sell quite a bit faster than our previous Steelbook releases, so we wanted those who were interested to be able to “lock-in” their pre-order now. We DO NOT yet have a final street date, but we fully expect the Limited Steelbook to be released before the end of the year for the 40th Anniversary. Our goal is to start shipping sometime in mid-late November, but this is subject to change. As the extras and final specs come in, we will update this website listing accordingly.
PLEASE NOTE: Like our previous Limited Collector’s Edition Steelbook® releases, Synapse Films personally and securely wraps/packs/insures and ships each and every Steelbook® individually with additional packing necessary to keep it safe on its way to your mailing location. We even hand deliver them ourselves to the post office. The price of the SUSPIRIA Limited Edition Steelbook is $43.95 + $6.00 for the additional handling/packing fee. Those of you who would like to save the $6.00 and pick it up direct from our office can certainly do so. Please call our office at 734-494-3502 to place your order for pick up and we’ll reserve yours, so you can come by the office and get your copy when it’s released!
As with our previous Steelbook® releases, all copies will go out in the order they were received via USPS, so if you order yours today you will be one of the first to receive a copy. Synapse Films is unable to provide tracking information, but all orders are insured. Please note that all orders will be charged when orders are placed and not shipped.
Synapse Films is only accepting orders for shipping within North America. Those of you looking to purchase this item outside of North America can contact DiabolikDVD.com.
There are currently no plans for a non-Steelbook® release at this time.
The set will include two Blu-rays + 1 CD. The film will be on its own Blu-ray disc, to maximize the quality for both picture and sound, with most extra features being on a separate Blu-ray. The set will be Region A locked.
Here are the announced SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Limited edition of only 6000 units produced
- Exclusive Steelbook packaging and collector’s o-card sleeve, featuring artwork from Malleus, Van Orton Design, Juan José Saldarriaga, and Chris MacGibbon
- Three disc [Two Blu-rays + One CD] limited collector’s edition containing a new 4K restoration of the original uncut, uncensored Italian 35mm camera negative exclusively done by Synapse Films, with color correction supervised and approved by SUSPIRIA Director of Photography, Luciano Tovoli
- Original 4.0 1977 English language LCRS sound mix not heard since the theatrical release in 1977, presented in high-resolution DTS-HD MA 96 Khz/24-bit audio
- Italian 5.1 surround sound mix
- Two audio commentaries by authors and Argento scholars, Derek Botelho, David Del Valle, and Troy Howarth
- Do You Know Anything About Witches? – 30 minute SUSPIRIA visual essay written, edited and narrated by Michael Mackenzie
- Suzy in Nazi Germany – Featurette on the German locations from SUSPIRIA
- A Sigh from the Depths: 40 Years of SUSPIRIA – All-new anniversary retrospective on the making of the film and its influence on cinema
- Olga’s Story – Interview with star Barbara Magnolfi
- Original theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots
- Special Collector Edition Booklet containing an American Cinematographer interview with Luciano Tovoli, liner notes by Derek Botelho and restoration notes by Vincent Pereira and Don May, Jr.
- “International Classics” English “Breathing Letters” opening credit sequence from U.S. release version
- Alternate All-English opening and closing credits sequences, playable via seamless branching
- Newly translated, removable English SDH subtitles for the English language version
- Newly translated, removable English subtitles for the Italian language version
- Exclusive CD remaster of Goblin’s SUSPIRIA motion picture soundtrack, containing additional tracks not included on the original 1977 soundtrack release.
- You Can Journey to ‘The Dark Tower’ on Halloween - September 22, 2017
- ‘Satan’s Cheerleaders’ on Blu-ray/DVD October 11, 2017 - September 22, 2017
- This November You Can Take Home The Second Season Of ‘Preacher’ - September 21, 2017
- Slasher Horror Feature ‘Crazy Lake’ Promises a Rip-Roaring Good Time - September 21, 2017
- Secondary Art Available from SYFY’s ‘Channel Zero: No-End House’ - September 20, 2017
- Hail Satan! ‘The Devil’s Rain’ Comes to Blu-ray on October 31st from Severin Films! - September 20, 2017
- Thirsty For A ‘Dark Roast?’ - September 19, 2017
- Love Variety In Your Horror? Get Ready For ‘Nightmare Cinema!’ - September 19, 2017
- Katherine Vaz and Chris Sharp, This Wednesday, September 20th at the KGB Bar - September 18, 2017
- ‘Victor Crowley Road Show’ in Select Theaters Starting October 1st - September 17, 2017