Hot on the heels of Ashley “Ash” Williams’ return to pop culture prominence on the small screen, Dynamite Entertainment releases the next chapter of its flagship title in Army of Darkness: Furious Road.
Nancy A. Collins casts the square-jawed hero of Army of Darkness twenty years into the future, where The Deadites and their Army of Darkness have succeeded in bringing down Western civilization. An unexpected upshot of the demons taking over? Supernatural species such as vampires, witches, and werewolves forming an uneasy alliance with humanity in order to survive. The only hope for both mankind and monsters alike is a ritual that will send the Deadites back to the hell that birthed them. But first, a rag-tag crew that includes the Frankenstein Monster and Eva, the Daughter of Dracula, have to track down the fabled spell book known as the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis and deal with its guardian, a certain Ashley “Ash” Williams.
“I think Ash’s biggest appeal is that he’s just an Ordinary Joe thrust into some serious Lovecraftian high weirdness” says Collins. “He is doing his best to be a hero, even though he really doesn’t want the job.”
“Nancy Collins has crafted the perfect Army of Darkness story, putting Ash squarely into a post-apocalyptic world over-run by Deadites, where his only allies are horrific. Plus: Dracula,” says Dynamite Entertainment editorial director, Joe Rybrandt.
Army of Darkness: Furious Road features art from Kewber Baal (Jennifer Blood), and will host multiple variant covers by Tyler Crook, Gabriel Hardman, Francesco Francavilla, and Tony Fleecs! Consult your retailer for details on how to attain yours! Look for Army of Darkness: Furious Road at your local comic shop on March 2!
- Get Ready for ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ Season 11! - July 28, 2016
- Dark Horse Announces ‘Ether,’ New Series From Matt Kindt and David Rubín - July 28, 2016
- ‘Hookjaw’ Resurfaces with Titan Comics! - July 27, 2016
- ‘Shadows of Kurgansk’ Hits Steam Early Access - July 27, 2016
- Trailer and Poster Released for ‘Happy Birthday’ - July 27, 2016
- The Trailer for ‘Kong: Skull Island’ is Out! - July 26, 2016
- Image Comics Set to Release ‘Cannibal’ - July 26, 2016
- Details for the DVD/Blu-ray Release of ‘Cell’ - July 26, 2016
- ‘Ghost Team’ Comes To Google Play - July 25, 2016
- Mysterious Horror Film ‘Savageland’ Picked up by Terror Films for a 2017 Release! - July 25, 2016