Destination America announces it will host the first LIVE televised exorcism in U.S. history, EXORCISM: LIVE! on Friday, Oct. 30 at 9/8c. The network dedicated to all-American entertainment will revisit the story and the frightening house that inspired the iconic movie The Exorcist on its 66th anniversary this October. The live event will take place at the original Exorcist House in the suburbs of St. Louis where the infamous ritual was performed on Roland Doe in 1949. No one has ever attempted to rid the lurking spirits and demons that inhabit this home, until now. EXORCISM: LIVE! airs on Destination America on Friday, Oct. 30 at 9/8c.
EXORCISM: LIVE! will feature Destination America’s cast of the hit series GHOST ASYLUM, the Tennessee Wraith Chasers, as well as a world-renowned psychic medium, Chip Coffey. Follow along as the team embarks on what is considered by many a dangerous search. They will explore each crevice of this terrifying home from the attic to the basement, to find whatever or whomever has scared Americans to death for decades. The ghost hunting team will use state of the art technology to do daytime and nighttime investigations, documenting as much evidence as they can of these true-life demonic entities on live TV.
“As we step into one of the most haunted and well-known spirit destinations in America, EXORCISM:LIVE! will show exactly what is inside this infamous, highly dangerous and possessed home,” said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. “By actually exorcising this iconic house live, Destination America will do what it does best — bringing never before seen experiences to television”.
Destination America will also give viewers the opportunity to take an active part in EXORCISM: LIVE! by following the multiple live camera feeds set up around the house online at DestinationAmerica.com. Viewers can track and report any mysterious anomalies they may see on their own screens throughout the special. The network will also host a LIVE Twitter chat with select tweets appearing live on air.
EXORCISM: LIVE! is produced for Destination America by Tremendous! Entertainment with Colleen Needles Steward and Shannon Keenan Demers as executive producers. At Destination America, Sara Helman and Jodi Tovay are the developers, Marc Etkind is general manager, and Henry Schleiff is Group President of Investigation Discovery, Destination America, American Heroes Channel, Discovery Life Channel, and Discovery Family Channel.
- Journalstone October Newsletter - October 12, 2017
- September Journalstone Newsletter - September 18, 2017
- August Journalstone Newsletter - August 7, 2017
- July Journalstone Newsletter - July 18, 2017
- April Journalstone Newsletter - April 12, 2017
- November JournalStone Newsletter - November 4, 2016
- Enter to Win Tickets to See ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ — Back in Theatres for Two Days Only! - October 25, 2016
- The Red Band Trailer for ‘The Autopsy of Jane Doe’ is Here in All Its NSFW Glory! - October 16, 2016
- Help Celebrate the Release of ‘Freaks Anon’ – Enter to Win a Signed Copy! - October 10, 2016
- Details On UK’s Horror Channel FrightFest Weekend’s 16-Film Marathon - October 8, 2016