Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, Regal, and RLJE Films are pleased to announce a wildly phantasmagorical cinematic event: a sneak peek at the critically-acclaimed action-thriller MANDY, plus an exclusive taped conversation with director Panos Cosmatos and actor Nicolas Cage. The advance screenings are set to run for one night only — September 13th, 2018 — in 24 Alamo Drafthouse theaters, 202 Regal theaters, and additional locations across the country.
Tickets are now on sale for the advance screenings on Tickets.MandyMovie.com. Produced by SpectreVision, XYZ Films and Umedia, MANDY opens in theaters across the country on Sept. 14, 2018.
Audiences will see what the film critics are calling “a revenge movie for those who hate revenge movies” (Village Voice), “a gonzo, stylized horror fever-dream” (Variety), and “Nicolas Cage’s Craziest Movie Ever” (RogerEbert.com). The film currently sits at 97 percent on Rotten Tomatoes.
“MANDY is a sensory experience filled with incredible visuals, amazing performances, and a soundtrack and sound design that demand to be seen on the largest screen possible with theatrical sound systems that can envelope the viewer in the insanity that unfolds,” says Henri Mazza, V.P. of Partnerships and Events for the Alamo Drafthouse. “We are thrilled to be working with so many great partners to bring this unique experience of the film to theatrical audiences across the U.S., and needless to say, this should be a Q&A for the ages!”
“We are excited to present this one-of-a-kind event to our guests, and look forward to hearing Panos Cosmatos and Nicolas Cage share their personal experiences with filming this heart-pounding thriller,” said Hannah Hembree, Film Buyer at Regal. “Movie fans are sure to feel the impact of this action-packed film, and will be on the edge of their seats for the duration of the movie.”
The conversation with cinema icon Nicolas Cage and director Panos Cosmatos will be recorded live at a special screening event presented by Beyond Fest and American Cinematheque at the legendary Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood on Tuesday, September 11th. Tickets will go on sale Friday, August 17th via Fandango.
For more details on the MANDY advance screenings, visit tickets.mandymovie.com.
Directed by visionary filmmaker Panos Cosmatos (BEYOND THE BLACK RAINBOW) from a script by Cosmatos and Aaron Stewart-Ahn, MANDY stars Academy Award-winner Nicolas Cage (LEAVING LAS VEGAS), Andrea Riseborough (BATTLE OF THE SEXES), and Linus Roache (BATMAN BEGINS).
In the film, outsiders Red Miller and Mandy Bloom lead a loving and peaceful existence. When their pine-scented haven is savagely destroyed by a cult led by the sadistic Jeremiah Sand, Red is catapulted into a phantasmagoric journey filled with bloody vengeance and laced with fire.
MANDY was financed by Umedia and Piccadilly Pictures with additional support from Wallimage and fan-owned Legion M and is being distributed in the US by RLJE Films. The score was composed by the late Jóhann Jóhannsson.
- Watch the Official Trailer for A24’s New Horror Comedy ‘Slice,’ Starring Zazie Beetz and Chance the Rapper - August 25, 2018
- Well Go USA Entertainment Reveals Full Release Details for Standalone Blu-rays of ‘Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead’ and ‘Phantasm IV: Oblivion’ - August 25, 2018
- ‘Kong: Skull Island’ OST | Deluxe “Lava” 2LP Vinyl Available on Waxwork Records - August 24, 2018
- Come Face to Face with a Demonic Force in the Immersive 360-Degree Video for ‘The Nun’ - August 24, 2018
- Shudder’s September 2018 Releases Include ‘Channel Zero: No End House,’ ‘Revenge,’ ‘Bait,’ ‘Dan Curtis’ Dracula’ - August 23, 2018
- Early Theatrical Screenings Announced for ‘Mandy,’ Featuring Recorded Q&A with Nicolas Cage & Panos Cosmatos - August 23, 2018
- New Trailer for ‘Devil May Cry 5’ Reveals March 8th, 2019 Release Date - August 22, 2018
- A Bachelorette Party Becomes a Fight for Survival in the Trailer for ‘Killer Kate!’ - August 22, 2018
- ‘The Horrors of Blumhouse’ Returns to Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights - August 21, 2018
- ‘What Keeps You Alive’ Coming to Blu-ray and DVD This November from Scream Factory - August 21, 2018