Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced that DOOM will be available worldwide on Friday, May 13, 2016 for the Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system, and PC. DOOM , the iconic game that defined a genre and considered one of the most influential games ever made, returns as a brutally fun and challenging modern-day shooter experience.
DOOM is under development at id Software®, the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre and invented multiplayer Deathmatch. Relentless demons, impossibly destructive guns, and fast, fluid movement provide the foundation for intense, first-person combat – whether you’re obliterating demon hordes through the depths of Hell in the single-player campaign, or competing against your friends in numerous multiplayer modes. Expand your gameplay experience using DOOM SnapMap™ game editor to easily create, play, and share your content with the world. DOOM garnered numerous E3 2015 awards and in a recent preview, Game Informer aptly described the gameplay as “an absolute blast.”
Bethesda also revealed plans to release a premium collector’s edition of DOOM that will be available across the globe through participating retailers. The limited DOOM collector’s edition, created in conjunction with TriForce, includes an exclusive, fully-realized 12” tall collector’s statue of one of the game’s most iconic demons: the Revenant. Modelled from actual in-game 3D files and striking in appearance, the demonic Revenant stands on an LED-lit base with internal, slow-spinning turbine from the UAC facility on Mars. TheDOOM collector’s edition also includes a copy of the game packaged in an exclusive, battle-worthy metal case.
The DOOM collector’s edition is available for pre-order through participating retailers and is priced at $119.99 (US), €129.99 (Europe), and £99.99 (UK). Players pre-ordering the DOOM collector’s edition or the standard edition of the game will receive the Demon Multiplayer Pack which contains a unique demon armour set with three skin variations, six metallic paint colours and three id® logo patterns that can be applied to weapons and armour, plus a set of six Hack Modules – one-time consumable items that can give you an edge in a multiplayer match.
For more information, visit: www.DOOM.com .
- Journalstone October Newsletter - October 12, 2017
- September Journalstone Newsletter - September 18, 2017
- August Journalstone Newsletter - August 7, 2017
- July Journalstone Newsletter - July 18, 2017
- April Journalstone Newsletter - April 12, 2017
- November JournalStone Newsletter - November 4, 2016
- Enter to Win Tickets to See ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ — Back in Theatres for Two Days Only! - October 25, 2016
- The Red Band Trailer for ‘The Autopsy of Jane Doe’ is Here in All Its NSFW Glory! - October 16, 2016
- Help Celebrate the Release of ‘Freaks Anon’ – Enter to Win a Signed Copy! - October 10, 2016
- Details On UK’s Horror Channel FrightFest Weekend’s 16-Film Marathon - October 8, 2016