Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced that DOOM will be available worldwide on Friday, May 13, 2016 for the Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system, and PC. DOOM , the iconic game that defined a genre and considered one of the most influential games ever made, returns as a brutally fun and challenging modern-day shooter experience.
DOOM is under development at id Software®, the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre and invented multiplayer Deathmatch. Relentless demons, impossibly destructive guns, and fast, fluid movement provide the foundation for intense, first-person combat – whether you’re obliterating demon hordes through the depths of Hell in the single-player campaign, or competing against your friends in numerous multiplayer modes. Expand your gameplay experience using DOOM SnapMap™ game editor to easily create, play, and share your content with the world. DOOM garnered numerous E3 2015 awards and in a recent preview, Game Informer aptly described the gameplay as “an absolute blast.”
Bethesda also revealed plans to release a premium collector’s edition of DOOM that will be available across the globe through participating retailers. The limited DOOM collector’s edition, created in conjunction with TriForce, includes an exclusive, fully-realized 12” tall collector’s statue of one of the game’s most iconic demons: the Revenant. Modelled from actual in-game 3D files and striking in appearance, the demonic Revenant stands on an LED-lit base with internal, slow-spinning turbine from the UAC facility on Mars. TheDOOM collector’s edition also includes a copy of the game packaged in an exclusive, battle-worthy metal case.
The DOOM collector’s edition is available for pre-order through participating retailers and is priced at $119.99 (US), €129.99 (Europe), and £99.99 (UK). Players pre-ordering the DOOM collector’s edition or the standard edition of the game will receive the Demon Multiplayer Pack which contains a unique demon armour set with three skin variations, six metallic paint colours and three id® logo patterns that can be applied to weapons and armour, plus a set of six Hack Modules – one-time consumable items that can give you an edge in a multiplayer match.
For more information, visit: www.DOOM.com .
- The Trailer for ‘Kong: Skull Island’ is Out! - July 26, 2016
- Image Comics Set to Release ‘Cannibal’ - July 26, 2016
- Details for the DVD/Blu-ray Release of ‘Cell’ - July 26, 2016
- ‘Ghost Team’ Comes To Google Play - July 25, 2016
- Mysterious Horror Film ‘Savageland’ Picked up by Terror Films for a 2017 Release! - July 25, 2016
- Dark Horse Is Proud to Announce Magical New Series ‘Spell on Wheels’ - July 25, 2016
- Get Ready To Check In For ‘Psycho IV: The Beginning’ - July 24, 2016
- Trailer And Details For ‘Let’s Be Evil’ - July 24, 2016
- Terror Films Acquires Erotic Thriller ‘Goddess of Love’ for North American Distribution! - July 24, 2016
- The New ‘Before I Wake’ Trailer is Here! - July 23, 2016